It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #1
(female)

Gail Lowe HB User
Question Year-old Injury - Increasing Disability

Bilateral leg pain since fall Feb 2012 that severely twisted left knee and hip. Did not seek treatment thinking sprain would heal with time. Legs are now equally disabled. I assume from favoring the injured leg for extended time period. Unable to spread thighs; effort is very painful. Otherwise pain is down front of thighs into knees and only when walking or standing. Gait is very limited. Weight bearing on either leg causes multiple audible clicks from leg and/or hip. Loss of leg strength. Unable to stand from sitting position without pushing up with hand on seat or with arms against arm rests; able to rise from floor only from hands and knees by holding onto stationary object, straightening knees to extend legs behind me, stepping forward moving knees under hips and then raising torso.

I have no diagnosis. There is no numbness, no tingling, no sleep disturbance. Chiropractor x-rays revealed no spinal abnormalities. I am 63 years old and have always been very active and extremely strong and fit.

Aleve is helpful for pain about half the time. I am retired; no longer able to work. Have applied to community district clinic for financial aid for medical examination, diagnosis and treatment. Will not accept this level of disability.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am beginning to think something was broiken (pelvis?) but was not set and healed badly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
(female)

let me walk HB Userlet me walk HB User
Re: Year-old Injury - Increasing Disability

Gail,
Did you retire because of the pain from your fall a year ago? If and when you get approved for service by your community clinic it would be good to see a sports med doctor about this. You say that you don't have numbing or tingling. What type of pain do you have in your thighs? You also mention that you have clicking from your legs and hips when weight bearing, which could be a number of things..arthritis, torn tendons, muscle guarding, etc.

-Let Me Walk

Old 02-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
(female)

planonnp HB User
Re: Year-old Injury - Increasing Disability

Get yourself to a good orthopedic surgeon ASAP.

Reply Reply