It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
(female)

eiggam68 HB User
Unhappy Help

Can anyone help me with an idea of how I can get rid of sciatica, knee pain and a swelling ankle in the leg that was operated on last June, I had a THR of the left leg. I am in such pain. I cannot get an appointment with my own doctor and am loathe to go to one of the other doctors in my practice. I cannot put my left foot flat to the floor and am walking on my heel. The ankle is very red and swollen. My knee is so painful I want to cry, I am feeling very down and I am unhappy that this has happened after my op when I was hoping that I would be able to walk somewhat better than I was doing not worse. I'm sorry to be a "moaning minnie" but I feel as if life cannot get much worse. Any ideas to help would be very gratefully received.

The following user gives a hug of support to eiggam68:
SweetPeainSF (02-13-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB User
Re: Help

Sorry that your doctor cannot get you an appointment! With lingering pain, you should definitely follow-up, especially many months post-surgery. You might consider seeing a different doctor, as a fresh set of eyes might be worthwhile. Your pain might be indicative of your post-op physical therapy being inadequate. With your ankle pain, you might also want to research the symptoms of complex regional pain syndrome. This awful condition caused me to have pain, weakness, ultra-sensitivity, and skin/nail changes in my toe after back surgery, as odd as that sounds. Pain management doctors diagnosed me, after a referral from my back surgeon.

I hope you get seen and get some relief.

The Following User Says Thank You to SweetPeainSF For This Useful Post:
eiggam68 (02-13-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2013, 04:07 AM   #3
(female)

eiggam68 HB User
Re: Help

Hi SweetPeainSF
Thanks for your reply. I have not even heard of complex regional pain syndrome so I will be asking the doc when I see him --on 28th Feb--yes I finally managed to get an appointment. A friend has suggested that all this extra pain is down to my Fibromyalgia and others to sciatica. I know my lower vertebrae are crumbling --I was told this when I was 48 and that I would be in a wheelchair at 50, I am now 69 and still walking --only just, mind. I am going to ask to be referred to our local Pain Management Centre when I see my doc. They did help me years ago and I am hoping that they can again. I also want some physio-- maybe that could relieve the pinched nerve, if that is what it is. I will do some research on the syndrome you have told me about and I will go armed with a list of questions, I hate asking for stronger pain killers as I know I am already dependant on them and would like to help myself rather than taking more and more pills. It just seems so difficult to get the help these days. You get the feeling that most health officials don't want to spend money on you once you are old.
Thanks again and I will let you know how I get on after my appointment
eiggam68

Reply Reply