It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #16
(female)

crash86 HB User
Re: TKR 3 weeks out

I am very happy. I was able to up and down the stairs in our house twice without my cane! I hope that this progress keeps up

The following user gives a hug of support to crash86:
Gingerlilypad (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #17
Inactive
(female)

Aurelia5 HB User

Hi Crash,
As far as pain med's go, it is recommended you take them BEFORE your pain gets really bad. It is my experience, as I sit here recovering from my second surgery on my shoulder, that if I take the pain pill right before I go to sleep, I will sleep very nicely for at least six hours, whereas if I don't, I'm awake most of the night in agony.

I would think hard about at least giving it a try for a few nights, long enough to find out how your body tolerates it. You may be well rewarded. There are a lot of different kinds of pain med's out there, you don't have to stick with just one.
I wish you the best of healing thoughts, and a huge hug to your wonderful husband- mine makes my shoulder hurt less just by being there.

Aurelia5

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #18
(female)

Tampa Mom HB UserTampa Mom HB User

I am almost 5 months post TKR. Swelling minimal. Pre surgery my bend was only 105 degrees. Now it is 112 degrees from 75 right after surgery. I do exercises still 2 hrs a day. It has been a slow, painful process, but I nbow can walk and wear heels with no pain and can almost bike pain free. Taking a pain med that works for you, pre therapy, is very important. I have gone from supervised pt three times a week, to two, supplemented by trips to a gym. Now I go twice a week for 15 minutes of manual therapy (pt bends my knee farther than I can) as a self pay patient, since my insuror considers me "recovered"! Do not give up, if you work on it, it will get better. I too was in great shape, expected to be good as new in 8 weeks...

The Following User Says Thank You to Tampa Mom For This Useful Post:
Railroad Man (02-28-2013)
Reply Reply