It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
(female)

jocelyn7035 HB User
Chronic pain in winter

Chronic pains in knee joints do get aggravated in winter. What all precautions do you take to get relief from it? Any home remedies are welcome.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Silver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB User
Re: Chronic pain in winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelynfnelson View Post
Chronic pains in knee joints do get aggravated in winter. What all precautions do you take to get relief from it? Any home remedies are welcome.

Hi fellow sufferer:
I read the other day that some study found that the changes in the weather did not cause bodily pains. I however disagree with that because my own experience through my life has proved that I have more aches in the joints before a weather change.

Through the years I often have been more right than the scientists and doctors about various things such as I had my one and only baby sleep on her back instead of stomach - which everyone advised in those days. (stomach sleeping). She is now 55 alive and well.) Now they say put baby on her back to sleep. I was way ahead of the experts on that one. Chuckle.

I have no advice other than to listen to your body and take an over the counter or something when you feel the need. Keeping warmer during cold weather is also helpful. Maybe another layer of clothing in the winter when it is cold? Long johns have helped me a time or two. An extra layer of clothing makes all the difference to me.

Others reading this forum may have their own ways of fending off the aches and pains of a change in the weather.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
(female)

jocelyn7035 HB User
Smile Re: Chronic pain in winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Swan View Post
Hi fellow sufferer:
I read the other day that some study found that the changes in the weather did not cause bodily pains. I however disagree with that because my own experience through my life has proved that I have more aches in the joints before a weather change.

Through the years I often have been more right than the scientists and doctors about various things such as I had my one and only baby sleep on her back instead of stomach - which everyone advised in those days. (stomach sleeping). She is now 55 alive and well.) Now they say put baby on her back to sleep. I was way ahead of the experts on that one. Chuckle.

I have no advice other than to listen to your body and take an over the counter or something when you feel the need. Keeping warmer during cold weather is also helpful. Maybe another layer of clothing in the winter when it is cold? Long johns have helped me a time or two. An extra layer of clothing makes all the difference to me.

Others reading this forum may have their own ways of fending off the aches and pains of a change in the weather.
Hi Silver Swan, sorry to know about the replacements you are through. As the joints, muscles get stiff in winter, they cause the pain and also inactive. That means keeping oneself warm with the warm clothes would help in reducing the pain and stiffness.

Reply Reply