It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

Daugther n law HB User
MRSA after a hip replacement

I'm looking for support my father n law had a hip replacement and now MRSA has infected his bone they will be taking the hardware out this coming week. His wife my mother n law in the same hospital got MRSA after open heart surgery and lost her sternum and half her ribs due to MRSA. She survived but my husband thinks his DAD won't. I believe he is wrong. His family doesn't like me and I do my best to be supportive but my Husband hides the details from me I got this info from his MA suprising but It doesn't matter the MRSA is in his bones where I don't know I just know he can lose his leg. I'm looking for anything positive advice. I'm telling him I think he needs to fly out and see for himself what spirit his Dads in. I don't think bottleing it up and running from it will make it any easier for him in case he doesn't make it. I'd like to go but I think I need to keep my distance. But it doesn't keep me from telling his Mom he is having a hard time with it he said if Dad has to have surgery to replace his hip he believes it will kill him well this isn't a replacement its a removal of the hardware which means next surgery means one of two things removal of leg or hip replacement not sure which one he was referring to but it's happening I think he needs to go see him cause his MA thinks Butch will pull through. my emotions are mixed and he is gone and we have a person checking out our backdoor to see if they can break in and I found this Bone in our yard at first though was human thank GOD it wasn't but I have been through the ringer today I need I guess reassurance I'm doing what I should do w/o be selfish.

ThAnks
Raven

Last edited by mod85; 03-29-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Silver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB User
Re: MRSA after a hip replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daugther n law View Post
I'm looking for support my father n law had a hip replacement and now MRSA has infected his bone they will be taking the hardware out this coming week. His wife my mother n law in the same hospital got MRSA after open heart surgery and lost her sternum and half her ribs due to MRSA. She survived but my husband thinks his DAD won't. I believe he is wrong. His family doesn't like me and I do my best to be supportive but my Husband hides the details from me I got this info from his MA suprising but It doesn't matter the MRSA is in his bones where I don't know I just know he can lose his leg. I'm looking for anything positive advice. I'm telling him I think he needs to fly out and see for himself what spirit his Dads in. I don't think bottleing it up and running from it will make it any easier for him in case he doesn't make it. I'd like to go but I think I need to keep my distance. But it doesn't keep me from telling his Mom he is having a hard time with it he said if Dad has to have surgery to replace his hip he believes it will kill him well this isn't a replacement its a removal of the hardware which means next surgery means one of two things removal of leg or hip replacement not sure which one he was referring to but it's happening I think he needs to go see him cause his MA thinks Butch will pull through. my emotions are mixed and he is gone and we have a person checking out our backdoor to see if they can break in and I found this Bone in our yard at first though was human thank GOD it wasn't but I have been through the ringer today I need I guess reassurance I'm doing what I should do w/o be selfish.

ThAnks
Raven
Hi daughter in law:
It is always comforting and supportive to a parent to have a child come and visit when there is possible surgery or other major health procedure being planned. I found this to be true for me. My daughter came from several states away to be with me before surgery a couple of times and stayed for a day or so. She is employed so this was a real sacrifice.

Please keep us posted on how this all turns out. I have found this Forum to be so helpul and supportive before and after my hip replacements. There is so much experience in the participants. All have "been there, done that".

Reply Reply