It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
(female)

DorrieCh HB User
Thigh pain after hip replacement surgery

Three months ago I had a total hip replacement after falling and fracturing my hip. I now have problems with my thigh, it is sore, stiff and feels a bit hard. Please could anyone help?

Old 07-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Larimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB User
Re: Thigh pain after hip replacement surgery

This is not unusual after surgery. Although hip has been corrected, you may still have gait issues that affect the thigh muscles, or could just be part of the healing process. It's probably best to check with your surgeon's office just to make sure. If pain is getting progressively worse then definitely best to check with your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
(male)

lefty1945 HB User

This is normal same thing hapens to me it will go away on its own

I had THR was playing golf in 5 weeks

Old 11-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User

I have severe osteoporosis. When I fell and broke my hip I had it replaced. But I was only home for about 2 weeks before my thigh (and hip) started hurting very badly. I tried to ignore it thinking it was part of the healing process. When I couldn't walk any longer I went back to the hospital where I had the surgery and an xray showed that my femur (thigh bone) had broken, causing the hip replacement to collapse down - well...another surgery to repair the femur and get a new hip replacement. I was home about 3 weeks when the pain returned, only worse. Xrays and exam showed infection and I had to have the hip removed when they found MRSA in the hip area - Ended up in a hospital from May thru August with i.v. antibiotics followed by 4 months of at home i.v. antibiotics. I went without a hip all together for 6 more months to make sure that the infection was truly gone and then had another replacement. Now I've got pain when I try to put pressure on my leg - my hip is popping out of the joint, etc. So......after 6 years I am headed back to the O.R. for ANOTHER replacement. All of this is to remind folks not to ignore pain that seems unusually severe or pops up after having recovered for weeks with the pain under control and then the pain comes back. Check with your doc to make sure nothing has happened!

Reply Reply