It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
(female)

Simplykathysue HB User
Newbie frustrated beyond belief

Hello, my name is Kathy, recently had knee surgery that wasn't a success, referred to a pain management clinic which I go to tomorrow, kinda clueless as to what to expect, but hope they can help with this pain... My life isn't the same anymore, I struggle with day to day activities and don't enjoy being limited like this... Feeling very irritated, alone, depressed, and pretty much like a failure....
Anyone else out there dealing with anything like this. I sure could use someone to talk to...

Old 06-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
(female)

Marem HB User
Re: Newbie frustrated beyond belief

What kind of knee surgery did you have?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Silver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB User
Re: Newbie frustrated beyond belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplykathysue View Post
Hello, my name is Kathy, recently had knee surgery that wasn't a success, referred to a pain management clinic which I go to tomorrow, kinda clueless as to what to expect, but hope they can help with this pain... My life isn't the same anymore, I struggle with day to day activities and don't enjoy being limited like this... Feeling very irritated, alone, depressed, and pretty much like a failure....
Anyone else out there dealing with anything like this. I sure could use someone to talk to...
Hi Simplykathysue:
You do not say in what way your recent knee surgery is not a success except for saying that you are in pain. You don't say the date of your knee surgery so it is hard for us to tell whether your pain is inappropriate or not. Is it possible that you are expecting too much improvement too fast? Joint replacements take time to heal and not everyone heals at the same rate. Joint replacements are major surgery and the knee is a complicated piece of body machinery!
We hope you will keep us posted on how things are going. There are many joint replacement veterans that read this Forum and they have much experience and have "been there, done that". You are not alone in this replacement business and if any one of us can be of help or encouragement we wish to be. I could not have gotten through two hip replacements without the support of these people.They are s.

Reply Reply