It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #1
(male)

dano_2 HB User
Question Anyone else get red marks/bruising on eyes after LASIK?

Everything about my procedure has gone great except for one thing...

a couple of little red blotches on the whites of my eyes. In the industry, they're referred to as "hickies". At my one day post-op the doctor explained to me that this is not unusual. It is bruising and, like other bruises, it will go away. He said it would take about a month.

As long as they go away, no biggie.

Did anyone else get eye "hickies"?

Last edited by dano_2; 06-02-2005 at 03:26 PM. Reason: grammatical clarification

Old 06-02-2005, 08:12 PM   #2
(male)

Duffman518 HB User
Re: Anyone else get red marks/bruising on eyes after LASIK?

Yup, I had the exact same thing happen. Nothing to worry about. Man are they freaky to look at though! I heard from someone that it's from the device they use to keep your eyelids open. Mine cleared up gradually over a month or so. Congrats on the successful procedure!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2005, 09:37 AM   #3
(female)

pacosta HB User

Mine were bright red, like blood! They were above the colored part of my eye in the white area not visible unless you lift the upper lid. Thanks goodness, since boy oh boy were they ugly. Doc says it's normal and from the suction before they cut the flap.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #4
(female)

tessy57 HB User

Thank you so much. You answered my question. My son had Lasik surgery approximately one month ago. He also had some red blood vessels that I believe you called them "hickies". His doctor originally told him it would take approximately 2 weeks to go away. It's now a month and he just saw the doctor today (July 27, 2007). He said it should go away in another couple of weeks. How long did you say it took for the redness to go away? Please respond to tessy57. Thank you.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:53 AM   #5
(female)

dammie HB User

Totally natural, i had the same thing.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:42 AM   #6
(female)

bostontracy HB User

I had very bad "hickies" on my right eye and it gets bigger every day. My doctor said it is no big deal. It still worries me because it is getting thicker and bigger by the day. My procedure was performed four days ago. If you have more information about this sympton, please let me know. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano_2;1723***
Everything about my procedure has gone great except for one thing...

a couple of little red blotches on the whites of my eyes. In the industry, they're referred to as "hickies". At my one day post-op the doctor explained to me that this is not unusual. It is bruising and, like other bruises, it will go away. He said it would take about a month.

As long as they go away, no biggie.

Did anyone else get eye "hickies"?

Old 08-19-2007, 01:21 PM   #7
(female)

hannele HB User

I had those red splotches on my eyes after lasik, too. They didn't hurt, but they looked like they did. I am three weeks post op and they are just now completely gone.

Closed Thread