It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2005, 08:23 AM   #1
(female)

ZIPADEEDOODAH HB User
How long did it take for your eyes to stabilize?

Hi everyone,

I had my surgery two weeks ago today and my vision has fluctuated between 20/20 and 20/60. How long did it take for everyone eyes to stabilize? My right eye was 20/20 last Wednesday, but has definitely slipped since then. There's a chance I will need an enhancement on my left eye...but he won't know for at least 3 months.

Thanks!

Old 09-22-2005, 10:44 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: How long did it take for your eyes to stabilize?

Zip,
I actually think mine were stable from the start. But, I did have blurriness. Alot of blurriness, for the first 3 or more months. It has only been over the past 2 months (more or less) that I have gotten rid of most of that blurriness. Basically, the more my eyes heal, the less blurriness I deal with. I attribute most of it to the overall dryness of my eyes as they have been healing. They are pretty blurry first thing in the AM, then I dose the heck out of them with eye drops, and the blurriness goes after about 5 minutes. Has your doc actually said you are 20/60 or is that your guestimate? Just try to be patient. I can't say for sure that the dryness is your issue so, I hesitate to tell you it will definitely get better. But, I was really unsure of what my vision was during the first several months of healing (I am into month 9) and, I think they are mostly stable now. But, it took many hours, days, weeks and months of blurry days to get to where they are now. Now, if only I could put an end to the dryness permanently, all would be perfect!

Keep in touch!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2005, 07:06 PM   #3
(female)

cremebrulee HB User

i didn't have lasik. i had prk. it took my eyes a good two months to stabilize.

Old 09-24-2005, 11:28 AM   #4
(male)

liquidt HB User

Mine have been stable since the morning after. Its only day 3 so far, but everything is looking good. I was seeing 20/15 at my post op checkup. Never had any pain or discomfort and my eyes havent lost their 'teariness'. Kinda wierd it seems after reading everyone elses posts.

Old 09-26-2005, 11:28 AM   #5
(male)

Accuvision2005 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidt
Mine have been stable since the morning after. Its only day 3 so far, but everything is looking good. I was seeing 20/15 at my post op checkup. Never had any pain or discomfort and my eyes havent lost their 'teariness'. Kinda wierd it seems after reading everyone elses posts.
Good For You liquidt!
I am off to London Tomorrow for consultation.
If suitable I will have Lasik on Wednesday 28-09-05.
Right now I am craping myself about it but you story has helped somewhat.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:39 PM   #6
(female)

PennyLane8 HB User

I'm 3 months post-op. My eyes are still fluctuating. One day the R will be better, then a few hours later the L is better. I've actually been consistently 20/15 at my checkups, but really I can tell that they're fluctuating slightly. The ghosting is gone, I still have some mild glare, and starbursts are there more so when my eyes are dry.

Old 10-01-2005, 08:57 AM   #7
(male)

Accuvision2005 HB User

I did it!
Surgery last Wednesday, thats 3 days ago.
Hazzy? Sure. Blurry? a bit. Rather still be wearing glasses? No Chance!!!
Looks like I have a while to wait for clear vision but wow, this is still so good.

Old 10-03-2005, 09:40 AM   #8
(female)

ZIPADEEDOODAH HB User

Went to the doctor on Saturday for a follow up and my right eye is still at 20/20. My left eye was seeing 20/70 two weeks ago, and now I'm at 20/25! That made my day!!! He said not to get frustrated if they still fluctuate quite a bit -- I was just excited that the left eye finally had a huge improvement.

Closed Thread