It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2005, 01:30 PM   #1
(female)

MyEye! HB User
Proper use of Prednisone eye drops

So I did a google search for Pred Forte eye drops. Wish I'd done it sooner as I wasn't given clear (or any) instructions on how to properly use them. I was told 1 drop each 3x a day. That's it.

What I'd wish I'd known was - you're supposed to put it in the lower eyelid (pulled out), gently close your eyes and press gently on the inner corner to keep it from going down your tear ducts, and keep your eye shut for 2 minutes. This ensure the proper dosage is properly absorbed into your eye. I've just been dropping them in, and wiping away what rolls out - which has probably been most of it. And considering my eyes are still swollen and irritated 11 days later - maybe this is why!

Old 10-04-2005, 02:49 PM   #2
(male)

liquidt HB User
Re: Proper use of Prednisone eye drops

hmm I wasn't aware of the proper usage either. One thing I know for sure is that it tastes like crap in the back of the throat!

Last edited by liquidt; 10-04-2005 at 02:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2005, 07:45 PM   #3
(female)

cremebrulee HB User

i guess i didn't follow the proper instructions either. i was supposed to use them for 3-4 months but my doctor told me to use them 1x day after the first week and discontinue after three weeks. doctors use the drops to control healing. using the drops slows down the healing. i didn't understand because i thought i wanted my eyes to heal quickly.

pred forte does have a disgusting taste. i thought i was the only one. my doctor switched me to lotemax.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:16 AM   #4
(female)

MyEye! HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee
i guess i didn't follow the proper instructions either. i was supposed to use them for 3-4 months but my doctor told me to use them 1x day after the first week and discontinue after three weeks. doctors use the drops to control healing. using the drops slows down the healing. i didn't understand because i thought i wanted my eyes to heal quickly.

pred forte does have a disgusting taste. i thought i was the only one. my doctor switched me to lotemax.
I wouldn't say it slows down the healing - it helps to decrease the swelling and inflammation which is important in the healing process. They're definitely necessary, and the eyes will heal fine while using these - otherwise they wouldn't prescribe them. And now that I do the pinch-the-tear-duct thing - the run off in the back of my throat has definitely decreased. I hold them and keep my eyes shut for 2 minutes or so.

Closed Thread