It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2006, 09:49 PM   #1

q1w2e3 HB User
Haziness/Fogginess in vision

I had lasik surgery on 2/1/06. My left eye was fine on the first day post-op. My right eye has had a hazy/foggy appearance, both near and far, that makes it appear as if you are looking through a smokey restaurant. Has anyone else had this problem this long? Has it cleared?

Old 02-28-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
(female)

jkm3253 HB User
Re: Haziness/Fogginess in vision

Hi,
I have this on and off, but it never lasts, which is a relief because it is freaky. If I were you, and having this often, I think I would call where you had your surgery and ask them about it. I think its part of the healing process, but I would ask anyway, just for peace of mind.
jkm

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
(male)

Brown_eyes HB User

Do you use the gel at night? I have to continue to use it for another 2 weeks or so. What I have found is that this nighttime gel leaves a film behind or some excess the next morning and causes my vision to get blurry on and off. By about lunch time it is cleared and my vision is as crisp as it can be in the late afternoon. This happens mostly for my left eye for some reason.

Last edited by Brown_eyes; 03-01-2006 at 10:07 AM.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:49 AM   #4
(female)

ering HB User

Hi, I just read your post and am going through the same thing. I don't know if you are going to be checking this message any longer because it's been over a month, but I wanted to see (ha, ha) how your vision is going now. It's April 3. I just had my surgery a week ago and my vision is very foggy!!! I am scared!!!

Erin

Old 04-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

ering,
I just wanted to try to soothe your nerves. You are really early in your healing process. From experience, the foggy/blurriness may not be gone (but will get better) until around your 6th month of healing. I know it sounds like forever from now and you may get better before that. I had blurriness for the first 5 or 6 months. It would come and go throughout the day. It was there more than not for the first month or so. I know it is a pain but, it gets better. In the meantime, if you are really scared, go visit your doctor and have him or her check to make sure everything is ok. Also, go pay a visit to your regular eye doctor as they tend to be more upfront with you if there is anything, even a minor issue, wrong. Try to relax. It takes a while to heal. And, though it may sound or seem like everyone who has Lasik can see perfectly the day of or the day after the surgery, I just think that is not necessarily the case in most cases...based on what I have seen and read on this board over the past year and 2+ months.
Take care and keep in touch!

Old 04-04-2006, 02:09 PM   #6
(male)

james76n HB User

Hi,

I had that problem for about 2 weeks. It started about two weeks post op. My eys didn't feel dry, but I had what I believe was an eyelash in my eye. The dr said my eyes were very dry. So I started using gel at night, and all of a sudden a few weeks later my vision cleared up.

I'm not sure what my vision is right now,'ll let you know what my current prescription is when I go in for my checkup next week.

I can tell you this much...My eyes don't bother me much anymore when I'm on the computer and I don't need to use eye drops as often anymore. I'm only using about 2 vials a day.

I'm currently happy with my vision and can see a lot more clearly. I am able to see at night time and also clearly during the day. I'm still hoping it gets just a little better.

I'm going to start playing sports (softball) again next week. I'll let you know if I have trouble focusing on the ball.

I guess you just need to patient. The people on this board really help calm my nerves.

Take care,

Closed Thread