It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #1
(female)

MyEye! HB User
Enhancement Success!!

Had my enhancement on saturday - 6 months after my original surgery. At the appt the night before the dr told me my vision was 20/30 - which didnt seem right, i thought it was worse! that made me wonder if if i should even risk it... but he assured me it would make a huge difference. So i went ahead with it and holy cow!! Surgery at 9am, by noon - after sleeping for 2 hours - i opened my eyes and though a bit hazy - i could see great. By Sunday, the haze was gone and its perfect. Took a drive Sunday night and the starbursts are minimal, and I'm blown away. Huge huge huge improvement. Thank god its all done with now. I'm astounded by how crystal clear my vision is now!!!! Yay!!!

Old 04-03-2006, 12:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Enhancement Success!!

MyEye,
Congratulations! I am so glad to hear that you are well and happy now! You are the second person today that posted about a successful enhancement! It is turning into an epidemic of "Successful Outcomes"! Hehehehe!
Congrats and take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 08:26 AM   #3
(female)

MyEye! HB User

Yup I tested my eyes in my hospital's ED yesterday and I could read the 20/15 line with ease. Amazing!! However - I drove last night for the first time after dark and there are pretty significant starbursts - however they're different than the ones I had pre-surgery. Before, there was also a haze/halo and that's gone, now its just starbursts. But since I'm less than a week out I assume they will diminish as I heal. They dont impact my ability to drive too much, so I'm still absolutely stoked at the results. The haze and halos really drove me nuts - if I was walking out the main doors of the hospital, and people were walking in with the daylight behind them - they were quite obscurred by the haze. As I walked out yesterday I was super happy to notice that is no longer an issue.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

I'm glad to hear how happy you are! I had the starburst/halo thing before I had my surgery so, I really don't know what life would be like without them. I have a little bit of it still but, since I have never not had it (I know...a double negative or whatever that is), it doesn't bother me and, my nighttime driving is considerably better since my surgery.

I'm so glad that you are better!
Take care and keep in touch!

Closed Thread