It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2006, 01:29 AM   #1
(female)

Sarah UK HB User
Can't open my eye in the mornings!!

I had Wavefront Lasik three weeks ago.

My left eye is fine, my right eye might need an enhancement.

I don't know if it's related to the healing, but in the mornings, I have real trouble opening my right eye... it's not coz my eyelashes are glued together with sleepy crap, that as only in the first week really.

The left eye is no probs, wake up, open eye, easy peasy. But the right is a real effort to get open, like the signal from my brain isn't getting through to it or something!!

What's going on??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2006, 03:17 PM   #2
(female)

prtebvr HB User
Re: Can't open my eye in the mornings!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah UK
I had Wavefront Lasik three weeks ago.

My left eye is fine, my right eye might need an enhancement.

I don't know if it's related to the healing, but in the mornings, I have real trouble opening my right eye... it's not coz my eyelashes are glued together with sleepy crap, that as only in the first week really.

The left eye is no probs, wake up, open eye, easy peasy. But the right is a real effort to get open, like the signal from my brain isn't getting through to it or something!!

What's going on??
I had PRK four weeks ago (tomorrow) and I have trouble opening my eyes in the morning, as well. For the first two weeks, I had contacts in (slept with them in) and thought maybe it was because the contacts made my eyes really dry, thus making them difficult to open. Well, for the last two weeks, I haven't had the lenses in at night and they are still hard to open. Not because my brain isn't working (that's a whole other story!), but I still think it's because my eyes are really dry in the morning. Once I put the artificial tears in, I'm good to go. I hope that goes away, after some point. Come to think of it, I haven't even brought it up to the Dr.
Not sure if this is what you are experiencing, or if it is physically hard to open them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread