It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2007, 05:10 AM   #1
(female)

dan-girls HB User
Unhappy Glasses after lasik????? WILL IT GET BETTER??

HI I am going in for the 1 month post op on Friday. I know my vision is not where I would like it to be. My vision is good for alittle while in the morning. Then it goes down hill!!!! I feel that my vision will not improve that I might up with glasses. I was 9.50 and 10 at my first week postop appt I was a blurry 20/20 20/40. I know I should be happy with the results, but I saw better with my contacts!!! I need to know healing times for others on this board Any opinions will be appreciated!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 07:02 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Glasses after lasik????? WILL IT GET BETTER??

Your vision is still fluctuating right now. You are only 1 month post op. My vision fluctuated for a year and a half post lasik. Consider the fact that you said that your vision is better in the morning and then gets worse throughout the day. That is because of a couple of things. You are still healing which means that your eyes will wear themselves out and then you will wear them out as you work, read, use the computer and just basically live. As long as your eyes are open, you are progressively working them into exhaustion by the end of the day while they are healing.

Also, even if it doesn't feel like they are dry, they probably are. You must use your eye drops perhaps every one or 2 hours because they need a ton of moisture normally and while they are healing, they use and need even more moisture. Even though they may not feel dry, they likely are. The blurriness could be a sign of dryness that you just aren't feeling.

Try to be patient. I know it is difficult and annoying but, you really are very early on post-op and in the healing process.

Take care and keep in touch!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
(female)

alwaysstuffy HB User

Hello

let me know how it goes. I had custom lasik on 5/19 and at my 1st post-op my right eye was 20/60 and the left much better-the doc sd very close to 20/20; that's from -6 for the right & -5.5 for the left eye pre-op. So while I am not unhappy with my results so far, it is very annoying to drive. Since my last exam, I feel that my right eye has gotten better, but it could be that the left has gotten worse, because I cn't read street signs until I've practically passed them. I wouldn't mind having a pair of glasses at this point, at least to drive around. My 1 week post-op is coming up this saturday; We'll see what the doc says.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
(female)

DollBaby24 HB User

[QUOTE=alwaysstuffy;3003810]Hello

let me know how it goes. I had custom lasik on 5/19 and at my 1st post-op my right eye was 20/60 and the left much better-the doc sd very close to 20/20; that's from -6 for the right & -5.5 for the left eye pre-op. So while I am not unhappy with my results so far, it is very annoying to drive. Since my last exam, I feel that my right eye has gotten better, but it could be that the left has gotten worse, because I cn't read street signs until I've practically passed them. I wouldn't mind having a pair of glasses at this point, at least to drive around. My 1 week post-op is coming up this saturday; We'll see what the doc says.

I had Lasik 6+ months ago and I had a tough time seeing street signs for the few few weeks. I couldn't read them until I was right next to the street and I was worried that my eyes weren't corrected enough but after 3-4 weeks I was able to read them and my vision is now 20/15 and 20/20. Give it time, your vision should improve.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:17 PM   #5
(female)

alwaysstuffy HB User

Thank you for the encouragement Doll Baby. I was about to ask for prescription glasses tomorrow but maybe I'll wait a few more weeks. What did your prescription start out as?

Old 05-25-2007, 04:19 PM   #6
(female)

alwaysstuffy HB User

By the way how did it go for the 1 month post-op?

Old 05-26-2007, 07:59 AM   #7
(female)

dan-girls HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysstuffy View Post
By the way how did it go for the 1 month post-op?
HI I went yesterday for the post-op my vision now is 20/20 right and 20/25 left at first week postop 20/20 right and 20/40 left. Doctor still says I still have slight edema in both eyes. He told me to use restasis 2x day and my refresh plus drops 4x day. I still have a hard time seeing street signs . My vision is better in the morning that progress during the day. I go back in 1 month for a another check up. thanks for the concern!!!

Old 05-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #8
(female)

DollBaby24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysstuffy View Post
Thank you for the encouragement Doll Baby. I was about to ask for prescription glasses tomorrow but maybe I'll wait a few more weeks. What did your prescription start out as?
I was -4.25 in both eyes. Not as bad as a lot of other's on this board, but bad enough where I couldn't do pretty much anything without glasses.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:48 PM   #9
(female)

alwaysstuffy HB User
Unhappy Re: Glasses after lasik????? WILL IT GET BETTER??

1 week post op, 20/60 looks like left eye regressed quite a bit, right eye stayed the same. No wonder I can't read street signs while driving!
A little discouraging.

Old 05-27-2007, 07:57 AM   #10
(female)

dan-girls HB User

Hi, alwayssstuffy, I know it is hard to go back for a follow up and the doctor's tells you that one eye has regressed. You are so very early in your recovery. Take heart!!! As I well know from reading this board it is very very normal for your vision to progress and regress all at the same time. What was your prescription before surgery? My vision was terrible 9.50 and 10. So now I should be very happy at 20/20 and 20/25 still blurry sometimes!!!!I still have hope that my vision will be 20/20 after my three month mark.

Last edited by dan-girls; 05-27-2007 at 07:58 AM. Reason: spelled word wrong

Old 05-27-2007, 08:13 AM   #11
(female)

alwaysstuffy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-girls View Post
Hi, alwayssstuffy, I know it is hard to go back for a follow up and the doctor's tells you that one eye has regressed. You are so very early in your recovery. Take heart!!! As I well know from reading this board it is very very normal for your vision to progress and regress all at the same time. What was your prescription before surgery? My vision was terrible 9.50 and 10. So now I should be very happy at 20/20 and 20/25 still blurry sometimes!!!!I still have hope that my vision will be 20/20 after my three month mark.
Hi, Dan-girls,

my eyes were -5.50 & -6 before the surgery. Hope they improve from that 20/60, if not I'll probably end up getting an enhancement. Meanwhile, I borrowed my sister's pre-lasik glasses to help with the driving situation, that seems to help a lot.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:21 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

happy05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hating glasses View Post
Your vision is still fluctuating right now. You are only 1 month post op. My vision fluctuated for a year and a half post lasik. Consider the fact that you said that your vision is better in the morning and then gets worse throughout the day. That is because of a couple of things. You are still healing which means that your eyes will wear themselves out and then you will wear them out as you work, read, use the computer and just basically live. As long as your eyes are open, you are progressively working them into exhaustion by the end of the day while they are healing.

Also, even if it doesn't feel like they are dry, they probably are. You must use your eye drops perhaps every one or 2 hours because they need a ton of moisture normally and while they are healing, they use and need even more moisture. Even though they may not feel dry, they likely are. The blurriness could be a sign of dryness that you just aren't feeling.

Try to be patient. I know it is difficult and annoying but, you really are very early on post-op and in the healing process.

Take care and keep in touch!
Hunting,I was just reading around and have always been interested in lasik eye surgery as a alternative for my mother other then wearing glasses.

I have read that you have been healing for 2 years?I was wondering are you sure that you are "still" healing?I'm quite afraid of doing anything that could actually harm anyone.I'm convince that you might have develop some sort of complication.

This is a quote that I got from a site

"At any time following your surgery, you should notify your surgeon if you experience any complications, such as halos, double-vision, or glares. Each of these is a sign that your eyes are healing improperly or that something went wrong with the procedure. In either cases, early detection and action can prevent permanent damage and will get you on the road to recovery quickly"

Old 05-31-2007, 07:52 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

My only problem is the dry eye in the morning and occasionally throughout the day now and then. I don't have glare, halos or double vision. I go see my regular eye doctor once a year now and he is pleased with what he sees. My next visit with him will be in September. Basically, I am just one of those people who now suffers from dry eyes as a result of the surgery. I don't know if that will ever stop. I certainly hope it will someday. But, my vision is great. 20/15 which is better than 20/20. The weird thing is that when I am home during the weekends, the dry eye issue is nearly gone. I am comfortable all day and even wake up most mornings without the need of the drops. It seems to be an environmental thing for me at work that can make my eyes uncomfortable.

Anyway, my eyes are healthy except for the first thing in the morning dry eye issue.

Thank you for your concern. I appreciate the info you provided.

As far as your mom, there are always risks involved with the surgery. It is up to the person as to whether they want to take that risk. But first, you have to find out whether your mom is a good candidate for the surgery as she may not be. I support this surgery and if asked, I always tell people to get tested for candidacy and then make the decision. I recommend it. It has changed my life for the better, even with the dry eye issues in the morning.

Take care and keep in touch with your decision!

Closed Thread