It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 06:49 AM   #1
(female)

bnme41 HB User
Is lasik a good thing or should I not do it?

I'm scheduled to get lasik Tues. and after reading all the negative things I wonder if I'm doing the right thing.
Are there more people having problems then people who are glad they got it done?????

Old 06-07-2007, 07:36 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Is lasik a good thing or should I not do it?

I am a huge supporter of the surgery. But, everyone's results will vary. Only you can make this decision. And, as far as all of the bad results you are seeing on this board and on others, consider the reason. People who are in pain or afraid tend to be more vocal than those who have had a great result. So, they seek support and help from others like them. People want encouragement that things might get better so, they come here. You are less likely to see those who have had a great experience talk more than once about it then you are to see someone who is struggling. I do have a problem with dry eyes since my surgery nearly 2 and a half years ago but, it isn't anything that I regret and nothing I can't handle.

Just make sure that you have a reputable doctor and that you are a good candidate for the surgery. You can't make a decision on this surgery until you are tested for candidacy.

Take care and keep in touch!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #3
(female)

bnme41 HB User

Thank you! A lot of what you said was exactly what I was thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hating glasses View Post
I am a huge supporter of the surgery. But, everyone's results will vary. Only you can make this decision. And, as far as all of the bad results you are seeing on this board and on others, consider the reason. People who are in pain or afraid tend to be more vocal than those who have had a great result. So, they seek support and help from others like them. People want encouragement that things might get better so, they come here. You are less likely to see those who have had a great experience talk more than once about it then you are to see someone who is struggling. I do have a problem with dry eyes since my surgery nearly 2 and a half years ago but, it isn't anything that I regret and nothing I can't handle.

Just make sure that you have a reputable doctor and that you are a good candidate for the surgery. You can't make a decision on this surgery until you are tested for candidacy.

Take care and keep in touch!

Old 06-07-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
(female)

bnme41 HB User

I'm glad your problems have been cured! I hope you have great vision and no trouble from here on out!
Thanks for the comments.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
(female)

frazzledparent HB User

I had lasik six years ago and absolutley love the results. My doctor was great and had good reputation in our small community. I'd do it again in heartbeat. Well worth the money in my case. Good luck. Just make sure to follow the directions for recovery!

Old 06-09-2007, 12:38 AM   #6
(female)

tia2 HB User

I had it 4 weeks ago. Best thing I did for myself. I love it. Granted, my correction was easy being -1.50, -1.75. I use the drops whether I need them or not and I have no dryness or issues whatsoever. Halos at night, but that dissipates with healing.
Good luck!

Old 06-09-2007, 08:42 AM   #7
(male)

nanana1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tia2 View Post
I had it 4 weeks ago. Best thing I did for myself. I love it. Granted, my correction was easy being -1.50, -1.75. I use the drops whether I need them or not and I have no dryness or issues whatsoever. Halos at night, but that dissipates with healing.
Good luck!
Glad to see your happy results and response here.
We were all in that position before we did our lasik and now ?...
No regrets, best thing I did for myself this year :-)

Old 06-09-2007, 09:04 AM   #8
(female)

dan-girls HB User

HI I had lasik done 6 weeks ago. My vision was really bad. Now that I have had it, I am some what happy with the results right now. I am 20/20 20/25 I hope to achieve 20/20 in both eyes. I will probably know at 3 months or 6 months, time will tell. Just make sure your doctor is certified and has done the procedure many many times. Let us know how it goes?

Old 06-14-2007, 07:15 AM   #9
(female)

bnme41 HB User

Thank you to everybody that replied!
I had lasik Tuesday and I am glad I did it!
Still slightly blurred from time to time but I can already see what an amazing difference it has made!

Old 06-14-2007, 12:03 PM   #10
(male)

jakem1 HB User

I will not say whether you should do it or not. Most people seem to get pretty good results. Unfortunately I am not one of them and I would not have done it knowing I got the results I did. I am 3 weeks post-op Lasik (and PRK in the other) eye and I got lousy results. I am -1.25 or about 20/50 so I still will need glasses. Also I had thin corneas so I probably will not be able to get an enhancement. So basically I spent all that money, took all that risk, took all that time and had raised hopes, then dashed hopes with the natural denial, followed by anger and now acceptance phases and I still need glasses. Worse, I was only -4.25 prior to surgery and ended up at -1.25 which is an outrageous undercorrection, one of the worst you will ever see on these boards.

Last edited by jakem1; 06-14-2007 at 05:15 PM.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:17 PM   #11
(male)

jakem1 HB User

I will not say whether you should do it or not. Most people seem to get pretty good results. Unfortunately I am not one of them and I would not have done it knowing I got the results I did. I am 3 weeks post-op Lasik (and PRK in the other) eye and I got lousy results. I am -1.25 or about 20/50 so I still will need glasses. Also I had thin corneas so I probably will not be able to get an enhancement. So basically I spent all that money, took all that risk, took all that time and had raised hopes, then dashed hopes with the natural denial, followed by anger and now acceptance phases and I still need glasses. Worse, I was only -4.25 prior to surgery and ended up at -1.25 which is an outrageous undercorrection, one of the worst you will ever see on these boards.

Closed Thread