It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 10:17 AM   #1
(female)

eruiz67 HB User
1 week after lasik, distance very blurry

I just got lasik 1 week ago and can see pretty good up close but distance vision is very blurry. I can't see a clock from across the room or photographs i have on the walls. At night everything blurs (outside). Anybody go through this??? I hope it get's better....I have an appt tomorrow...I was pretty bad before -7 and -6. When I left they said I was 20/40 but it feels worse...any encouragement out there???:

Old 07-05-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
(male)

jakem1 HB User
Re: 1 week after lasik, distance very blurry

I can't offer any encouraging news. I too had lousy vision 1 week after lasik, I was -1.25 or about 20/50 and there has been no improvement since then as I am now at 6 weeks nor will there be. I am going to have to have an enhancement if my corneas aren't too thin and you will need to also. Going from as bad as -7 before surgery to where you are is not real bad. I was only -4.25 and still wound up -1.25 which is pretty bad. You can go for an enhancement at 3 months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2007, 04:55 AM   #3
(male)

hspohr HB User

Sorry Jakem1, that is a completely unfounded respoonse. While I certainly feel for you, having had the experience that you did, there is absolutely no reason to believe that eruiz67 will have the same issues. At one week post op, the things eruiz67 is experiencing are completely normal. Only his surgeon can make a determination as to whether or not there are complications, and even the surgeon will most likely tell him that it is way to soon to make that call.
eruiz67, have you had your one week post-op exam yet?

Old 07-06-2007, 05:03 AM   #4
(female)

dan-girls HB User
Smile Re: 1 week after lasik, distance very blurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruiz67 View Post
I just got lasik 1 week ago and can see pretty good up close but distance vision is very blurry. I can't see a clock from across the room or photographs i have on the walls. At night everything blurs (outside). Anybody go through this??? I hope it get's better....I have an appt tomorrow...I was pretty bad before -7 and -6. When I left they said I was 20/40 but it feels worse...any encouragement out there???:
HI I can say from my own experience -9.50 and 10.00 to 9 weeks out vision is now 20/25 left and 20/30 or 20/40 that it will get better. But It will take weeks to recover. The first couple of weeks were a little hard. Near and mid range vision was good, distance was bad!!!!. Sometimes I wondered if this was the right decision for me. So don't give up!!!! It will get better!!!! I had custom lasik. I go for my 4 month checkup in August. I will probably need an enchancement on my right eye. Time will tell!!!!

Old 07-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #5
(female)

eruiz67 HB User

I just had it this morning and expressed my conerns. Dr. told me the same thing...too soon to tell...she actually said i was seeing as good as with my glasses but it sure doesn't seem like it.....I am optimistic that it will get better...but think i will probably need an enhancement......

Old 07-06-2007, 10:17 AM   #6
(female)

eruiz67 HB User

Did your distance vision improve gradually?? I really hope mine does. I feel I too will need an enhancement but maybe I just need time.....I know so many people who have had lasik including 2 sisters (one my twin)...and now they are seeing great (neither needed an enhancement)....I just get fustrated with this blurry distance vision....Nights are really bad....did your night vision improve???

Closed Thread