It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

criscobaby HB User
Sleep Mask

Does anyone find that a sleep mask helps with dry eye? I had intralase last week and have just started using a sleep mask for help with dry eye (one eye doesn't close quite all the way). I worry though that the mask resting on my eyelids could do something to mess up the vision. Is that dumb?

Old 07-10-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
(male)

hspohr HB User
Re: Sleep Mask

I am 2 months post op and am still using a sleep mask. I use one of those mask that you get on the airplane when you travel Business Class. They are light and don't put pressure on anything, yet they protect enough from the A/C and ceiling fan draft. My eyes are much better in the mornings when I wear the mask. I also recommend a humidifier.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

Criscobaby,
I found a really good mask. It is lightweight and soft and has an adjustable velcro strap so that you can make it as tight or as loose as you need it. It is called the 40 Blinks Ultralight Sleep mask and I found it in Bed, Bath and Beyond a year or so ago. It has sort of air pockets or something that bump the mask away from your eyes. So, it touches your temples, forehead, under your eyes and the bridge of your nose but, each side has a gap between the mask and your eyes. It is pretty comfortable and this comes from a person who can't stand even the thought of something continuously touching my eyes and eye lids. I have had that aversion since I can remember...way before Lasik was even an option. So, you might look into getting one. It can't hurt as far as your dry eye situation.

Take care!

Old 07-11-2007, 04:06 AM   #4
(female)

criscobaby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hating glasses View Post
Criscobaby,
I found a really good mask. It is lightweight and soft and has an adjustable velcro strap so that you can make it as tight or as loose as you need it. It is called the 40 Blinks Ultralight Sleep mask and I found it in Bed, Bath and Beyond a year or so ago. It has sort of air pockets or something that bump the mask away from your eyes. So, it touches your temples, forehead, under your eyes and the bridge of your nose but, each side has a gap between the mask and your eyes. It is pretty comfortable and this comes from a person who can't stand even the thought of something continuously touching my eyes and eye lids. I have had that aversion since I can remember...way before Lasik was even an option. So, you might look into getting one. It can't hurt as far as your dry eye situation.

Take care!
I saw something about this mask before on here (maybe it was you). I looked at BB&B but they didn't have that particular one. I bought another kind and it is okay. It doesn't put a lot of pressure on my eyes but does touch them. I just can't imagine a sleep mask that doesn't touch the eyelids. Oh well, I'll keep looking.

Thanks --

Old 07-11-2007, 04:07 AM   #5
(female)

criscobaby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hspohr View Post
I am 2 months post op and am still using a sleep mask. I use one of those mask that you get on the airplane when you travel Business Class. They are light and don't put pressure on anything, yet they protect enough from the A/C and ceiling fan draft. My eyes are much better in the mornings when I wear the mask. I also recommend a humidifier.
Did you actually get this while you were on a flight, or purchase it somewhere else?

Old 07-11-2007, 04:26 AM   #6
(male)

hspohr HB User

Got it on a flight. It does touch the eyelid a little, but not enough to bother me

Closed Thread