It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 08:08 AM   #1
(male)

Pollux HB User
Regretting getting lasik, I miss my glasses...

I had my surgery done a month ago and still have astigmatism on my left eye, kinda blurry still. Probably am going to need an enhancement later on but the doctor keeps telling me to give it a few months for my vision to fully stabilize. Basically the surgery didn't live up to my expectations and I really miss being able to see like I did with my glasses, but what I really miss ARE my glasses, I feel naked without them. I never really thought that I would miss my glasses. Why? In a way I look at it as a fashion accessory as well as it being a part of who I was. I guess I can still wear them later on but the fact that Lasik is not reversible and my eyes have a permanent corneal flap kinda depress me... I REALLY should have thought it through more before I did this, and this goes for anyone else thinking about getting it, think real hard about it before going through with it.

Anyone else having regrets or somewhat feel the same way as I do? Advice to ease my regret? lol...

Old 02-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

nugeme HB User
Re: Regretting getting lasik, I miss my glasses...

I have deleted my own post because I do not agree with the editing policies on this site.

Last edited by nugeme; 05-02-2008 at 05:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2008, 04:30 AM   #3
(female)

bcb85 HB User
Cool Re: Regretting getting lasik, I miss my glasses...

I dont regret having laser I just wish I could see a bit better !!
I had lasik a month ago, I had it for monovision so I have one eye for reading and one eye for distance.
I had a crease left in my eye lens on my distance eye so couldnt see much for a couple of days. I had the lens re floated and it is a lot better.
I wish it was as clear as when I wore glasses. But , it is early days yet and I it will take up to 3 months to sort itself out.

The surgeon overcooked my reading but has said it can be re done.
My distance for driving isnt great and I definatly cannot drive in the night time because of the halo's and starbursts from the car lights but this has improved.

I expect I may have to wear glasses for driving and computer but I am ok with this.

I like not wearing glasses and I like being able to wear designer sunglasses, a thing I couldnt do before because I needed prescription ones.

Dont feel sad about not being able to wear glasses. You now have the choice to not wear them and you can wear non prescription ones as well. before you only had the choice of having to wear them
Best wishes
Jakki

Old 02-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #4
(male)

eyepurist HB User

Cannot say much cause i don't know too much about astigmatism. The only thing i know is with time you will get use to it... i mean maybe 80% more than right now. Me too i regretted this a little but i'm 1 year and 2 months post op and sometime i'm surprising myself when i forget about my floaters, my temporary eye dryness and the impossibility to do boxe or to see a show of slayer while i'm in the trash (LOL it's not so important!).

I guess you need more moral support and people to share their experience with you to calm the post op depression that could occur. Keep courage! Take care of yourself and ENJOY LIFE!, give yourself some gifts...Hope this help. Cheers. Martin.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #5
(male)

Pollux HB User

how long should I wait to get a new prescription for my glasses? I ask this cause it takes awhile for vision to fully stabilize, so I don't want to just rush to get a new prescription now then end up getting another one because my vision changed, and so on. Also, should I bother going for an enhancement if my vision still doesn't improve further with the situation I'm in?

Also how long until I don't have to use drops anymore? I'm still getting dry eye a month after Lasik, but is very gradually getting less dry as time goes by. Thanks.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #6
(female)

lovetovacation HB User

I just had Lasik surgery on Friday and so far my vision is good but the haze is more pronounced in one eye and I have to admit it does worry me a little bit. My doctor told me it can take up to three months for it to go away but seemed pretty confident it would go away. Also from what i've read, the corneal flap is very stable and gets more stable over time so I am just not worried about that part. Also, it can take a minimum of three months for the vision to stabilize enough to know if one even needs an enhancement. From what i've read here, most drs won't even do one unless the vision is worse than 20/40. How bad is your vision now? Honestly, I would wait a few more months before you get too discouraged. I'm sorry you're feeling badly about your decision but I hope things start to improve for you! Hang in there.

Closed Thread