It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
(male)

nedzie HB User
10 days out, still double/triple vision

I am 10 days post op, I had Custom Wavefront LASIK on both eyes. My vision is the same as the day after the surgery. In my left eye, I have slight double vision, and my right eye has triple vision.

My Dr. says that I still have some swelling and that's causing the problem and that I'm just healing very slowly.

Has anybody else out there had slow healing like this? I'm really nervous that this isn't going to change and I'm regretting getting LASIK done at this point.

Last edited by nedzie; 05-08-2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Additional info

Old 05-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
(male)

nedzie HB User
Re: 10 days out, still double/triple vision

Just had my 2 week follow up, still double and triple vision. Now my Dr. tells me I have retinal swelling which is causing the poor vision, and he has no idea how long it will take to heal. He said the retina does heal very slowly though. He gave me Xibrom drops to help reduce the swelling.

Has anyone heard of LASIK causing retinal swelling? It doesn't make sense to me, they are 2 completely different parts of the eye. I'm very concerned now that I may never see normal again. Glasses can't even correct what I am seeing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
(female)

yellow10 HB User

Well i'm not positive, but I was reading about the retina, and I guess the pressure that is applied to the eye when they first have the vaccuum on the eye to do lasik (then things go black for a few minutes when this ring is on the eye), can cause pressure on the retina in the back of the eye. Not sure if this is fully correct, but I believe this is what I read. That might be why you have some swelling there.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
(male)

nedzie HB User

OK, that would make sense. I guess now I'm wondering how long it could take for the retina swelling to go down. My surgeon didn't sound very optimistic about it happening any time soon. I also assume this swelling is what is causing the double and triple vision?

He is very confident that the actual procedure is done perectly.

Thanks for your reply.

Closed Thread