It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
(male)

Rick5472 HB User
Using Reading Glasses for Distance. Good Idea?

I had custom Lasik in both eyes 10 days ago. I am still blurry on distance and also near. I work on a computer and need reading glasses to see (+1.75). My doc also said I could use reading glasses +1.25 to watch TV, drive and see other far away things to bring the distance sight in clearer. Is it ok for me to use both reading glasses for distance and near work? I am wondering if my eyes will heal normally if using the glasses. Has anyone else had to do this? Thanks!

Old 09-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
(female)

inspirated HB User
Re: Using Reading Glasses for Distance. Good Idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5472 View Post
I had custom Lasik in both eyes 10 days ago. I am still blurry on distance and also near. I work on a computer and need reading glasses to see (+1.75). My doc also said I could use reading glasses +1.25 to watch TV, drive and see other far away things to bring the distance sight in clearer. Is it ok for me to use both reading glasses for distance and near work? I am wondering if my eyes will heal normally if using the glasses. Has anyone else had to do this? Thanks!
I still have blurry vision distance, tv computer etc. near vision strains my eyes but I am told I will adapt. I haven't tried your suggestion but if it doesn't strain your eyes and your correction is already optimal I'd try what your surgeon suggests. Why would he suggest it if it would aggravate the problem.
Blurriness - I am coming to realize it is from eye dryness. I am ok reading but the computer, TV, reading still bothers me 3 mo. after. Try gel tears it lasts longer in the eye than the standard lubricant drops and is made by the same companies. Do you see clearly for a minute or two with the eye drop??? My blurriness disappears but returns as soon as the drop disappears.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2010, 03:47 AM   #3
(male)

Rick5472 HB User
Re: Using Reading Glasses for Distance. Good Idea?

It has been over 6 month's since my first surgery. I had enhancement surgery in July. The vision in the left eye seems to be coming along however the right eye is still blurry at distance. I no longer need reading glasses to see distance. It is generally clear but not 20/20. the doc said it was about 20/30 in the left and about 20/50 in the right. I still use readers for computer work and reading. I go back next week for another check-up. the dryness has subsided. Yes the vision clears for a moment after using drops but it does not last. I am hoping to be 20/20 by Christmas!

Closed Thread