It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #16
(female)

evrimsoluk HB User
Re: For those of you that are worried about your surgery results.....

Well I had my surgery with a lasik surgery tourism company in Turkey. We went to Dunya Goz (Dunya Eye in Europe I think) hospital and it was amazing. Incredibly professional for the price,
amazing staff and the hospital had top notch equipment. We actually went to Turkey, stayed in a good hotel, got to hang around for a week, had the surgery and it was still cheaper.

And the sharpness came back in 1.5 months and dryness lasted for 1 months. I recommend everyone to google and check them out.

The Following User Says Thank You to evrimsoluk For This Useful Post:
david590 (12-11-2012)
Old 10-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #17
(male)

grack HB User
Re: For those of you that are worried about your surgery results...

I had LASIK about 17 days ago for pretty minor near sightedness (-1.75 both) and astigmatism.

Currently my right eye is driving me bonkers because 90% or the time it is cloudy/blurry/not-in-focus. Left eye is better but occasionally does the same.

I've been worried quite a bit recently but your original post has given me some encouragement. Thanks.

Any other advice would be great. 2-week checkup indicated no dryness.
Doctor felt that maybe my oil-glands were clogged and I should do warm compresses, etc.

Just been pretty worried and frustrated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2012, 02:38 AM   #18
(male)

david590 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirated View Post
Just wanted to thank you for sharing. I am thinking I made a life changing decision that backfired. I am realy discouraged and even though I am taking my tome it is really awful . I feel dizzy, strained, headachy, and am tired of not seeing right when i am looking at anything.
Hi,

Thank you for posting that. I'm feeling that way at the moment too. It's been 2 1/2 weeks so I know it's way too early.

I was wondering how things worked out for you.

Thanks,

Dave

Old 11-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #19
(male)

klasik HB User

Thanks for sharing your lasik experience, I did my lasik 6 week back in first few days things look good to me I was on seventh sky but with the time I start loosing my vision I see objects blurry from my right eye and that make be anxious, yesterday my vision was worst (after 6 week of lasik), after reading your post I am little on ease but still feel worry.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #20
(male)

guy448 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K View Post
Hey trust me your eye's do some weird stuff after the procedure, but not to worry it just takes time. I too got headaches and yes it does get frustrating that the sharpness in the vision isn't there but it will come i can notice a difference in my sharpness already. Just hang in there and let the eye's heal you will be fine.
This is not true, only if the problem is that minorhealing after, remeber cornea heals really fast, thats why this procedure is 15min and youre good to go. But if you keep experiencing sharpness issues even after a month or three, and low ligh vision and contrast issues, than my man, there is no GOD in the world to fix that. And there is nothing to heal, your prescription was badly burned into your cornea, thats why you have bad low light and contrast vision, because light scatters wrong whielk it passes through your cornea. Before on glasses it passed coreeectly on all area of pupil. Plus not everyones cornea nerves get to connect againg, therefore peopel expeirence shaprness issues because whoc an gurantee you that all your tear cornea nerves will be connected again like with untouched cornea?

Old 12-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #21
(male)

david590 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by klasik View Post

Thanks for sharing your lasik experience, I did my lasik 6 week back in first few days things look good to me I was on seventh sky but with the time I start loosing my vision I see objects blurry from my right eye and that make be anxious, yesterday my vision was worst (after 6 week of lasik), after reading your post I am little on ease but still feel worry.
It is possible that the correction wasn't 100% and you may need an enhancement. I'm 6 weeeks out and my eyes are still changing though they seem to be getting slightly better recently. I did get glasses with which I can see perfectly (better than before the surgery) so I know they just missed the mark a bit. It happens.

If you are having contrast issues, which I was, you might need glasses. It's very unlikely that you zapped you eyes for ever. I would go to the optometrist so that you can see if you see well with a correction. Get a cheap pair to hold you over until you can get an "enhancement". It made all the difference to me. At least you'll know that you can see.

You are probably fine. It really can take 6 months to settle.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #22
(male)

guy448 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by david590 View Post
It is possible that the correction wasn't 100% and you may need an enhancement. I'm 6 weeeks out and my eyes are still changing though they seem to be getting slightly better recently. I did get glasses with which I can see perfectly (better than before the surgery) so I know they just missed the mark a bit. It happens.

If you are having contrast issues, which I was, you might need glasses. It's very unlikely that you zapped you eyes for ever. I would go to the optometrist so that you can see if you see well with a correction. Get a cheap pair to hold you over until you can get an "enhancement". It made all the difference to me. At least you'll know that you can see.

You are probably fine. It really can take 6 months to settle.
They missed a mark? Are we talking about zapping on some machine or human eyes and life, there should not bi missable anything considering the way serious procedure is presented and its been done for 20 year, nothing should be missed. Problem is, reality is far from marketing and all superior machines with ultra super reading etc. And no, eyes do not settle for 6 months, that is one trick of theirs, they say 6 months because they want your brain to adjust to new vision, problem is if vision is so bad, you can only adjust to it by blowing your brains our or having good psychatrist.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #23
(male)

david590 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy448 View Post
They missed a mark? Are we talking about zapping on some machine or human eyes and life, there should not bi missable anything considering the way serious procedure is presented and its been done for 20 year, nothing should be missed. Problem is, reality is far from marketing and all superior machines with ultra super reading etc. And no, eyes do not settle for 6 months, that is one trick of theirs, they say 6 months because they want your brain to adjust to new vision, problem is if vision is so bad, you can only adjust to it by blowing your brains our or having good psychatrist.
Actually, it can take that long, at least according to a good friend of mine who is an eye surgeon. I'm six weeks out and they are still changing though not much any more.

When I say they "missed the mark", that has to do with the fact that everyone's cornea reacts differently to the laser. Every laser clinic will tell you there is a 5-15% chance they won't hit it perfectly. That's why there are some doctors now who do the procedure in two steps. After the first half, they know how your cornea reacts and then they perform the second half adjusting for how the particular patient's cornea reacts.

I think where many clinics are negligent is that they don't tell you all the other possible side effects that you might have permanently (floaters, dry eyes) and that they don't really inform you that the lasik flap never really fully heals.

However, as far as contrast is concerned, I had contrast issues at first too, which is not uncommon, but they went away as soon as I got glasses to correct the slight farsightedness that I now have.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #24
(male)

patientpatrick HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by david590 View Post

I think where many clinics are negligent is that they don't tell you all the other possible side effects that you might have permanently (floaters, dry eyes) and that they don't really inform you that the lasik flap never really fully heals.
I had Lasik done over a year ago and still have very dry eyes. It's not a minor side effect as they say. your eyes always feel tired even though you aren't. They burn, they scratch, and they hurt. When people think dry eyes aren't a big deal and some OTC drops can fix it, they are wrong. Try holding your eyes open for longer than 7 secs. That's what it feels like for me most of the day and I blink constantly. I really hope this isn't permanent, because the last year has been the hardest year I've had to endure.

Patrick

Reply Reply