It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #16
(female)

NAIXIL HB User
Re: Blur Side Vision after Lasik

Hi,

Just to update all that I am about 3.5 months in my recovery. Things are getting better and that I can see much wider view. Althought there are some details whereby I still cant see that well, it doesnt really bother me that much as I am used to my new eyesight. So for those who just did Lasik, you will need to give your eyes some time to heal. Slowly, it will be better, be patient.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #17
(female)

NAIXIL HB User

Just a quick update of what is happening. I am now 4 months into my surgery. My blur side vision is gone and I can see things perfectly. It surprises me as well after 4 months my vision has healed completely. Nevertheless, I still have starbarest but it is still acceptable. My doctor mentioned that after doing lasik your eyes surface is still rough and it takes time to heal. So for those people just did lasik and is the road of recovery, dont be dispair. It really takes time to heal. Given a choice to ask me if I will choose to do Lasik again, I will still say no although I have full vision now. Why? Basically it's very riskly. You wouldn't be sure 100% sure what will be the result. Says there is a 1% that you cannot get 100% and that you will be stuck with a poor vision, that's not worth it. To me, contact lens and glasses still can correct your vision to 100% and there is no risk. So why take the risk??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #18
(male)

Polski HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIXIL View Post
Just a quick update of what is happening. I am now 4 months into my surgery. My blur side vision is gone and I can see things perfectly. It surprises me as well after 4 months my vision has healed completely. Nevertheless, I still have starbarest but it is still acceptable. My doctor mentioned that after doing lasik your eyes surface is still rough and it takes time to heal. So for those people just did lasik and is the road of recovery, dont be dispair. It really takes time to heal. Given a choice to ask me if I will choose to do Lasik again, I will still say no although I have full vision now. Why? Basically it's very riskly. You wouldn't be sure 100% sure what will be the result. Says there is a 1% that you cannot get 100% and that you will be stuck with a poor vision, that's not worth it. To me, contact lens and glasses still can correct your vision to 100% and there is no risk. So why take the risk??

I'm glad things have been working out for you. I will update my story in another post soon

Old 08-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #19
(female)

123WaitingGame HB User

I had lasik done just under 4 months ago and although my left eye was really clear after a matter of weeks, the ghosting in my right eye is only now slowly going. So as many people have said before I think it takes up to 6 months before the healing process has finished. I got told at my 3 month check up that I still had slight myopia in my right eye, but like I say it is now getting better, every few days I can see a small difference and the ghosting stays away for longer and longer.... so I am hopeful in a couple more months I will be really happy with the result.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:09 AM   #20
(female)

NAIXIL HB User

Yup, I also believe your eyes will heal in time to come. Just be patient!

Old 06-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #21
(female)

whiskeythekid HB User

To all on this thread:
1. Thanks for posting it helps to find others who have gone through the lasik recovery
2. Is the side blur completely gone?
Mine is in 1 eye. It was consistently bad for the first 3.5 months then started to fluctuate. I am now 5.5 months out and it seems improved at times and still there at times, so basically its still fluctuating.
3. Are your starbursts gone in low/no light conditions?
I have them on led lights and house lamp posts in very low /dark conditions at distance but not when close to them.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #22
(female)

NAIXIL HB User

Hi,

It's my pleasure that I am able to share my experience with you guys. Pertaining to your question:

2: My side blur vision has completely gone. I took about 1 year to heal completely. My condition started to improve only after 4 months and it started to get better and better after that. It really got me worried as I thought that I will loose my side vision forever.

3: Starbusts are very common. I experienced starbusts when I did my surgery. Even after 4 months I still experienced that. And for my condition, it took about 6 months to heal. Even it is now about 1.5 years years since my surgery, I could feel that the light (especially the traffic lights) are still bright as compared to before the surgery. But our human body is special as you will get use to your own condition after a while, so as of now, my eyes has gotten used to the starburst or brightness. It does not bother me now. I suppose it takes time for your mind to get use of your new vision. Depending on indiviuals, this might take long which is for my case.

As long as you feel that your condition is improving, dont lose your hope! Like my case, it took about 1 year to heal completely. But remember, always go for your regular checkup. As long as you ensure there is no infection as always ensure that your eyes get enough rest.

I was worried previously and that doctor said he has never experienced such conditions before. I can only share my experience with you but I really hope that you will be like me, though it take longer then others to heal but it will heal. And you know what, my friend took about 2 weeks to heal completely. I was like, how come for my condition it took that so long???

Whatever the case, stay strong! You need to get use of your new vision. Focus on something else and not your vision, like work, your friends or your family. Life has to still go on after Lasik. =D

Regards,
Naixil

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeythekid View Post
To all on this thread:
1. Thanks for posting it helps to find others who have gone through the lasik recovery
2. Is the side blur completely gone?
Mine is in 1 eye. It was consistently bad for the first 3.5 months then started to fluctuate. I am now 5.5 months out and it seems improved at times and still there at times, so basically its still fluctuating.
3. Are your starbursts gone in low/no light conditions?
I have them on led lights and house lamp posts in very low /dark conditions at distance but not when close to them.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #23
(female)

whiskeythekid HB User
Thanks Naixil!

Hearing your timeline and that your vision is good is very encouraging. Glad to hear that you healed well and that you found a way to stay positive and focused on healing.

My doctor has done thousands of surgeries and said exactly as yours did- he has never seen the side blur before. Based on your experience, it sounds like our healing is on the same schedule with regard to the side blurring - with improvement starting at 3-4 months but not gone and fluctuating. Hopefully if this is happening to anyone else they will get a benefit from this thread. Either my doc or I will be reporting this issue to the fda. Looking forward to it being completely gone - i hope soon!

I am at 5 1/2 months point.

Interestingly is that my eyes are healing completely differently. My right eye sees crisp perfect 20/15 i would say had tollerable visionin 4 weeks time and maybe is still fluctuating a little bit but very minorly - if it wasnt for the starbursts as i mentioned it would be a pretty good success. Left eye on the other hand is giving me all the trouble with the side blur, fluctuations in blurriness at different distances plus starbursts in dark conditions on cerain lights.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #24
(female)

whiskeythekid HB User

Hi All

Just updating everyone on my progress so that any future people can see how things progress. I am at 8 months point and fully expected to be 100% by now.

left eye side blur: is basically gone. I would say 80% of the time. I was in a grocery store today where I would normally see it and i didnt see it at all. It is not quite 100% gone yet because i am still seeing it some of the time, but i think about it less and less. It is pretty close to resolved.

Starbursts: these fluctuate. They have not completely left me yet but sometimes the same light will have them bigger and then other times much smaller in the same light conditions. This tells me that it is a mechanical issue of some sort but possibly a surface problem of the eye eg dryness, flap healing, surface cells. The bursts are on the bottom and left side of lights but primarily the bottom. Mostly on LED lights probably because other types of lights are bright enough to shrink the pupil. I dont think that largeness of the pupil causes these but instead that the enlarging of the pupil causes it. Meaning its not a matter of giantness of the pupil but just enlargement of it from a beginning state. The enlargement then causes i guess the pupil to "see" light reflecting off of the flap edges.

Dry eye: my eyes are very dry. There are moments when i think it is behind me but then a few hours later or a few days later they feel itchy and sore again.

Reply Reply