It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 12
NAIXIL HB User
Blur Side Vision after Lasik

Hi all,

I need some advice from whoever has similar experience as me. I did my lasik after 9 days and had recovered from my full vision. However, I have only recovered my straight vision. When I am looking straight, my side vision (at the corner of the eyes are still blur).

I have visited the doctor and he mentioned that this is normal and there will be improvement. I wonder if anyone has similar experience as me that the side/corner vision is blur but striaght vision is all right?

Thanks for reading this post and comments!

Naixil

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:18 AM   #2
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 12
NAIXIL HB User
Re: Blur Side Vision after Lasik

I am getting a bit worried. After three weeks since my LASIK surgery, the blurring of corner of my left eye only has slight improvement. Is it common that when you focus on things that is in front of you and that the side vision is blur? Please post for those that encountered the same situation as me, we can share some thoughts.

 
Reply With Quote
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 01-21-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 1
Tj19855 HB User
Re: Blur Side Vision after Lasik

Hey, I just had LASik 3 days ago and im having the same problem just on my left eye. My straight vision is perfect but my left side vision is blurry, my doctor said that's also normal and it will get better but I don't know. How come on my right eye I don't have that problem? Anyone else? It is very annoying!

Last edited by Tj19855; 01-21-2012 at 07:09 AM.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 12
NAIXIL HB User
Re: Blur Side Vision after Lasik

Hey, dont be annoyed. You are still in the very early days of healing. After 1 week, your eyes will be better and that your field of vision will get wider. The doctor has mentioned that it is normal healing process, so give your eyes some time to heal.

As for me, I am into my 5th week of healing. My right side has healed completely. However for my left eye, straight vision has healed perfectly, except for the side vision still a bit blur when I am in the enclosed or dim light environment.

I suppose sometimes, we need to be patient and be positive..and carry on with our life.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PERTH AMBOY
Posts: 8
Polski HB User
Re: Blur Side Vision after Lasik

5 weeks is still relatively early. Took a little bit more than 2 months to get everything clear. Best advice is to stay healthy and take vitamins. Lots of water too and eye drops. For the first 6 months. Do you have any issues in contrast? Such as hard to see this crisp in the dark?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 12
NAIXIL HB User
Re: Blur Side Vision after Lasik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polski View Post
5 weeks is still relatively early. Took a little bit more than 2 months to get everything clear. Best advice is to stay healthy and take vitamins. Lots of water too and eye drops. For the first 6 months. Do you have any issues in contrast? Such as hard to see this crisp in the dark?
Thanks for the advice, I will take your advice to take more vitamins. I do not have any issues in contrast. My vision is perfect when it is in outdoors when there is bright light. The issue surfaces when I am in enclosed area and dim lighted areas, the side left vision becomes blur. And it is only at the sides. Polski, did you had your lasik done and how long did it take to heal? Anyway, the question is now is that if it doesnt get heal, will one be prepared to face the consequences. Anway, I suppose in this case one has to stay positive. Life has to still go on, and that I still have one good eye anyway. I will have to depend on it. There are many things in life such as work we have to stay focus and to earn for a living.

I still hope that my left eye will heal in few months time..

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #7
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PERTH AMBOY
Posts: 8
Polski HB User
Re: Blur Side Vision after Lasik

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIXIL View Post
Thanks for the advice, I will take your advice to take more vitamins. I do not have any issues in contrast. My vision is perfect when it is in outdoors when there is bright light. The issue surfaces when I am in enclosed area and dim lighted areas, the side left vision becomes blur. And it is only at the sides. Polski, did you had your lasik done and how long did it take to heal? Anyway, the question is now is that if it doesnt get heal, will one be prepared to face the consequences. Anway, I suppose in this case one has to stay positive. Life has to still go on, and that I still have one good eye anyway. I will have to depend on it. There are many things in life such as work we have to stay focus and to earn for a living.

I still hope that my left eye will heal in few months time..
I had lasik done july 2011. I'm 23 so i'm not sure if that has anything to do with the eyes healing fast or not. Although I did have blurring it really took about 2 months for it to go away. I wouldn't worry about that too much it does seem normal considering you had a laser blast your eye. Every organ in the body heals and as long as your healthy blurring in your eye should not be a problem. You have no choice but to be optimistic same with me so enjoy your eyes =]

I have a terrible ghosting problem with my right eye and it's hard to see things in dim lit areas with both eyes. I'm looking forward for a re treatment even. Doesn't sound like your situation is bad just remember constant eye drops especially before bed and after waking up. Lots of water and vitamins.

So you're saying your vision in doors is worse than it was before? Mine is the same way also I feel like I need more lighting when I previously didn't need it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:18 AM   #8
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 12
NAIXIL HB User
Wink Re: Blur Side Vision after Lasik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polski View Post
I had lasik done july 2011. I'm 23 so i'm not sure if that has anything to do with the eyes healing fast or not. Although I did have blurring it really took about 2 months for it to go away. I wouldn't worry about that too much it does seem normal considering you had a laser blast your eye. Every organ in the body heals and as long as your healthy blurring in your eye should not be a problem. You have no choice but to be optimistic same with me so enjoy your eyes =]

I have a terrible ghosting problem with my right eye and it's hard to see things in dim lit areas with both eyes. I'm looking forward for a re treatment even. Doesn't sound like your situation is bad just remember constant eye drops especially before bed and after waking up. Lots of water and vitamins.

So you're saying your vision in doors is worse than it was before? Mine is the same way also I feel like I need more lighting when I previously didn't need it.
Hihi,

It feels very comfortable talking to you. I think that whatever reglion we preach, you will be blessed and your eyes will heal much better then it is now. You are still young, 23 of age and it''s good to know that you have recovered as you still have a long road ahead of you. =)

Yes, my vision in doors is worse then before. I felt like the same as you previously and that I need more lighting to see clearly. You have mentioned that you have a ghosting problem and it has healed in 2 months rt?

Well, for me now, I can only keep my hopes high now now. Whatever it is, they are my eyes and I have to got use to it.

=)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PERTH AMBOY
Posts: 8
Polski HB User
Re: Blur Side Vision after Lasik

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIXIL View Post
Hihi,

It feels very comfortable talking to you. I think that whatever reglion we preach, you will be blessed and your eyes will heal much better then it is now. You are still young, 23 of age and it''s good to know that you have recovered as you still have a long road ahead of you. =)

Yes, my vision in doors is worse then before. I felt like the same as you previously and that I need more lighting to see clearly. You have mentioned that you have a ghosting problem and it has healed in 2 months rt?

Well, for me now, I can only keep my hopes high now now. Whatever it is, they are my eyes and I have to got use to it.

=)
Thanks haha. My ghosting problem has not went away unfortunately. Even if it does go away I will still have problems seeing clearly indoors. Even though I'm uncomfortable about my vision I still think it's not too bad. We both would have to keep hoping for the best because there really is no other option. It does get better I found out but not exactly where I want my vision to be. Do you have any day time glare in the morning? Such as massive amounts of glare through the windows? Or driving early morning toward the sun? It hurts my eyes even I NEED sunglasses.

I will be glad to talk more about this stuff to you personally if you would wish.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:58 AM   #10
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 12
NAIXIL HB User
Re: Blur Side Vision after Lasik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polski View Post
Thanks haha. My ghosting problem has not went away unfortunately. Even if it does go away I will still have problems seeing clearly indoors. Even though I'm uncomfortable about my vision I still think it's not too bad. We both would have to keep hoping for the best because there really is no other option. It does get better I found out but not exactly where I want my vision to be. Do you have any day time glare in the morning? Such as massive amounts of glare through the windows? Or driving early morning toward the sun? It hurts my eyes even I NEED sunglasses.

I will be glad to talk more about this stuff to you personally if you would wish.
Anyway, keep your spirts high yeah. Although we may not be perfect eyesight after this surgery, we need to understand that there are some things that are important in life apart from eyesight as well, our physical wellbeing of the body and health is important. Do some exercise to keep fit! =)

I do not have glaring systoms in the morning, only sunblasting at night. But to me it is still acceptable. It's okay to wear sunglasses in the morning..it looks cool~~

Le'ts encourage each other and be positive. Keep our spirts high. Even if we do not get heal fully, we need to accept that this will be a fact and carry on...right?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PERTH AMBOY
Posts: 8
Polski HB User
Re: Blur Side Vision after Lasik

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIXIL View Post
Anyway, keep your spirts high yeah. Although we may not be perfect eyesight after this surgery, we need to understand that there are some things that are important in life apart from eyesight as well, our physical wellbeing of the body and health is important. Do some exercise to keep fit! =)

I do not have glaring systoms in the morning, only sunblasting at night. But to me it is still acceptable. It's okay to wear sunglasses in the morning..it looks cool~~

Le'ts encourage each other and be positive. Keep our spirts high. Even if we do not get heal fully, we need to accept that this will be a fact and carry on...right?
Yes there is no other option but to be positive. There are things that I like about my vision and things I don't. There are up sides and down sides to everything. It honestly doesn't seem like you have much of a problem. Come back in 2 weeks and a month and let me know how it is =]

Your night vision is fine as well? Same as before?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:54 AM   #12
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 12
NAIXIL HB User
Re: Blur Side Vision after Lasik

Night vision is okay. Except for the glare and blurring on the sides. Else is fine. Yes, I will keep you all updated should I regained my side vision. Else, just too bad.. Gotta live with it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #13
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 7
gavchels HB User
Re: Blur Side Vision after Lasik

Reading yur post has made me a little optomistic. I am 10 days post op and I am having poor vision.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:32 AM   #14
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 12
NAIXIL HB User
Re: Blur Side Vision after Lasik

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavchels View Post
Reading yur post has made me a little optomistic. I am 10 days post op and I am having poor vision.
Never give up! Your vision will improve, but that will take at least 2 weeks. So you need to be patient! =D

Just a little update. I visit another doctor who mentioned that it might be the sides of the pupil that was not treated, and thus I see blurring at the sides. And that this is not treatable as technology unables one to treat just only the sides.

Anw, I haven't give up, so nobody should! I am still fighting hard that my vision will improve in 6 months time. My body is sitll healthy though vision is not perfect. I will continue to live life as normal, work hard for my job.

Yes, I do feel sad at times, but I will not let my sadness to overcome me..

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:51 AM   #15
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 7
gavchels HB User
Re: Blur Side Vision after Lasik

Thanks. It seems that you have a good spirit and have found support. My eyes have gotten a bit better and I swiched eye drops yesterday.They are a bit thicker and I am non stop using them along with Vitamins. Fingers crossed!!

 
Reply With Quote
Reply Reply




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



marisuela (5), Regret eyes (5), earthworm88 (4), ShaderMan (4), bunnystar1 (2), lasereyeballz (2), Merville (2), Ved63 (2), mcr285 (2), overcorrectedjw (2)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1013), Apollo123 (909), Titchou (859), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (763), ladybud (755), midwest1 (671), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:55 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!