It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #16
Inactive
(male)

MarioX2 HB User
Re: I had LASIK 5 days ago... HELP!

I see<haolos> literally. I still don't know how I am alive after this procedure.
Blurry inside restaruants and coffe places because light is very moody and low there.

A large retrospective study of LASIK patients found that halos were reported by 30%, glare by 27%, and starbursts by 25%. (Bailey et al, 2003)

And when you search the internet you find too much numbers liek this, 20% end up with those prblems? Where is lasik clinics report or fda, fda doesn't have numbers, they just say some patients may experience this and this no matter how good candidate you are. We all see numbers od 95% super satisfied patients.
And when you mention numbers like 20% risk of low light vision problems, clinics and people who see great after lasik will say that is some conspiracy theory or people who sell glasses came up with numbers to screw those more caring people who liek to cut others eyes.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-22-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #17
(female)

ktez HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by immg View Post
Thank you very much for your replies! It has now been about 7 days since I got the procedure done and, well... Things aren't perfect but I guess I'm coping well. When my doctor told me about the dryness, I didn't expect it to be so severe. Even when I did some research on LASIK before my procedure, everyone said they suffered from dry eyes afterwards, but I never thought it would be to the extent of not being able to open your eyes in the morning.

The blurriness is not as bad as it was a couple of days ago. So I'm hopeful about that. Everything seems to be going well, except for some strange pains I've been getting for the last two days. It's like a weird strain kind of pain where I can't really focus on things, especially when I'm on the computer. I end up having to rest my eyes for 30 minutes to an hour so I can function properly again.

Rolando - Thankfully, the clinic I went to is only 15 minutes away from my house. I called my doctor's office and set up an appointment after a few days. What was your prescription before your procedure, if you don't mind me asking? Are you saying that your vision hasn't improved at ALL? Do you have to wear glasses in the meantime? I hope you things get better for you soon.

Regret eyes - "Give it time." I've come to absolutely HATE that phrase. I hate there's so much uncertainty with the whole procedure that they don't inform us about. Even though my doctor was honest with me throughout the whole thing, and told me exactly what to expect, there was always uncertainty in what he said. I wish there was a solid number so I could at least know what I'm getting into... Dryness for x months. Blurriness for x weeks. But no, we just have to wait it out and hope for the best. Maybe it'll work out, maybe it won't.

THe more I learn about the risks and horrible side effects of this surgery, the dumber I feel for not doing enough research before I got it done. I was reeled in like everyone else and I have no one to blame but myself. There's no point in regretting it now, since there's no turning back anyway, so I'm just trying to make the best of this situation. I suppose I should be thankful since I'm doing so much better than a lot of people who are suffering more than I am. Oh well...

Thank you very much for your help guys!
Immg, how are your eyes doing now? Has any of the blurriness or dryness got better yet? I had Lasik a week ago and am experiencing the same issues, but only in my left eye - the right one is perfect. I'm going tomorrow to get it checked out, and was just wondering if yours had improved at all yet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2012, 03:28 AM   #18
(female)

immg HB User

Hi everyone! Sorry for the late replies, I've been busy traveling a lot (being on planes + LASIK = HORRIBLE!) but now I've finally settled down. Almost...

Ktez - I'm doing much better now. My left eye is still a little blurry but I'm going to give it more time, since it has only been about 3 weeks since my procedure. The dryness is a lot better now I guess, but I'm still using the eye drops as much as I can, even if they don't feel dry. They don't get as dry at night while I'm sleeping anymore. But I think that might have something to do with the fact that I live in a more humid city now... The city where I got it done was quite dry... I think that could be a factor.Hope this helped!

Last edited by immg; 03-03-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:32 AM   #19
(female)

immg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiramin View Post
I am thinking of a laser surgery and my prescription is -2.5,
I want you advise, should i do it or not.
waiting for your reply
Sorry for the late reply. Well, it's your decision in the end, but if you ask me, I think you should avoid it and never think about it again! Please keep in mind that my procedure was actually pretty great for me, and I have had relatively minimal side effects, and yet I'd still vote against it! It's just not worth the risk. Just because it was great for me, doesn't mean it'll be great for you too. It's not worth it because if anything happens, it's pretty much irreversible.

If your contacts/glasses don't bother you or interfere with your life, then I think you should just stick to them.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:42 AM   #20
(female)

immg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marisuela View Post
I understand what you are saying, but look at where you are coming from. You had a bad experience. Not everyone has a bad experience, though.

My lasik turned out to be the best thing I've ever done for myself. I'm thrilled with my results. Every single person I know personally that has had lasik has had great results, too. I do not personally know anyone who has had a bad experience with lasik.... that's one of the reasons I decided to do it.

As far as the car analogy goes.... I'm sorry if you took that as insensitive or whatever. From my experience, it's a good analogy. I've been in three car accidents (none were my fault). The first happened when I was in high school (20 years ago), and it left me with pretty bad back problems ever since.... like if I sneeze wrong, I throw my back out. The second was a fairly minor accident, but it left me dealing with minor neck problems (it's been almost 15 years now), until the third accident, which left me with a herniated disc in my neck that I've had pretty bad problems with off and on ever since (that was about 10 years ago). I know several people who have been in fairly minor car accidents, and others who were in major car accidents, both of which left my friends with life long problems, and I knew others who were killed in car accidents. I often travel long distances, and I have seen MANY major car accidents just in the past 6 months. Throughout my life, I've witnessed several car accidents as they have happened. From my perspective, lasik is WAY safer than getting in a car! You might not think so, but that's because you haven't had the same experience as me.

I do understand what you are saying, though. If I'd had a bad experience with lasik, I'd probably be telling everyone I know to stay away from it! I'm sorry you didn't have a better experience with lasik. I hope it gets better for you.
I have to agree with MarioX2 on this one! I don't think LASIK is like driving a car... You drive because you NEED to get from A to B (yes there are alternatives to driving, but humor me!) whereas LASIK is a choice - like plastic surgery. You don't really NEED it, and you're probably better off without it because the risks are just not worth it. You can have the best doctor in the world, and be a perfect candidate for it and still have bad side effects for the rest of your life.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful that I've had very few side effects compared to many other people, but if I could take it all back, I would. I wish I could go back in time and drag myself out of that operating room.

(P.S. I'm sorry if I misunderstood anything that was said or if I came off as aggressive or anything in my post. Also, sorry if I'm not making any sense. I haven't had much sleep lately, LOL)

Old 03-03-2012, 03:47 AM   #21
(female)

immg HB User

Quick question -
Has anyone else had a problem with severe itchiness? Specifically on the inner corner of your eyes. They have been itching like crazy for the past week or so. I'm a little worried, is this normal? I tried Googling the issue and a lot of people said it has something to do with dry eye, but is it normal for it to be so severe? I've never had a problem like this before LASIK.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #22
(female)

ktez HB User

Itchiness could be a sign of some kind of allergy.... Could it be some kind of seasonal allergies? Or are you using a different kind of eyedrop that you might be allergic to?

Old 03-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #23
(female)

immg HB User

That was my first thought. I even took allergy pills to see if they would help, but I can't be sure because the itch goes away in like 15 minutes when I stop rubbing them anyway. It's just that if I even accidentally touch the inner corner of my eyes, they itch like crazy and I can't resist rubbing them. The only eye drops I'm using now are the lubricating ones, and I tried a different brand but it's still the same. So I'm absolutely clueless as to what it could be. Maybe allergies or an allergic reaction to something, maybe just a symptom of dryness.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #24
(female)

ktez HB User

Have you asked your doctor about the itchiness?

Old 03-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #25
(female)

immg HB User

I'm out of town at the moment, and I'm going to be away for a few months unfortunately, so all I can do is call him. Thanks for your help! =)

Old 03-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #26
(female)

ktez HB User

Sorry I can't be more help, it really does sound like some kind of allergy tho - hope it clears up soon!

The following user gives a hug of support to ktez:
immg (03-04-2012)
Closed Thread