It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
(male)

hiteshsathawane HB User
Cool POST LASIK Recovery Time

Hi

I am 26 year old, I had just undergone LASIK operation on 4 May 2012. After operation I could find out there is a red blood clot in my left eye. my doctor said it would vanish within 3 week or month. Most of my vision is perfect but when I could read words on my computer or somewhere, it seems to be some what blurry, sometimes it appears to be more clear, Its only 4 days. Can any one help me understand amongst all this problem which would be temporary and which would stay permanent. I am bit worried

Regards
Hitesh Sathawane

Old 05-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
(male)

jas88cam HB User
Re: POST LASIK Recovery Time

I'm in a very similar position - 32, had it last Thursday (May 3 - Intralase Wavefront LASIK to be precise, -9.75 both sides). My vision's pretty good overall now: fine on the left except struggling a little bit for closeup, slightly blurred on the right still.

I mentioned about the closeup during my 1-day check, and was told the suction for flap creation often bruises the muscles at the front of the eye used for closeup focus. It's certainly improved since then.

I started off (the day after surgery) pretty down. Vision was still blurred, my eyes hurt - and immediately after the surgery, the surgeon mentioned casually to me "the flap never fully heals". Things have certainly improved since then: watching TV is fine, computer is bearable, anything further away is almost perfect now, and the discomfort's almost gone.

I imagine the doctor's right about the clot breaking up soon; closeup vision should improve over time as mine has been. A pair of ultra-cheap basic reading glasses is meant to help there (even if you'd been born with 20/20 sight, you'd almost certainly need them anyway in 10-15 years' time): I'm meaning to get and try some soon to see if they help, though my guy strongly emphasised that it would improve with time, particularly for a strong correction like mine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2012, 03:56 AM   #3
(male)

Stanthepainter HB User

Hi there

I had LASIK intralase wavefront nearly three months now and my vision is still stabalizing. I have been advised that recovery could take up to six months and I have resigned myself to being more patient! My advise is to not worry and think of recovery in terms of months not weeks. This is easier said than done as the possibility if a six month recovery period was never discussed with me pre op! I still have good and bad days, I can read text at a fantastic distance but at the end of the day my eyes are very tired and sore, working at a computer doesn't help but I am confident things will settle in time, hang in there!!!!

Old 07-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
(male)

bbobs1000zx HB User

I'm worried about recovery periods as well. I just had mine done 11 days ago with a result of 20/20 in my right and 20/60 in my left, and the post op doc (not my surgeon) at my clinic told me at my 1 week follow up that recovery can take 6 months. I've never heard or read anywhere that it takes longer than 3 months to recover (including at my clinic before the procedure), and I've never heard of anyone having such a large dissimilarity in vision after lasik. Has anyone's doctors' given you actual proof or scientific studies on any of these issues?

Last edited by bbobs1000zx; 07-17-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:38 AM   #5
(male)

jas88cam HB User

Mine was similar around day 8 (20/20 left, 20/50 right) - it's actually regressed a bit since then, with the right having 1D of astigmatism and about as much myopia too. (Just had the 3 month check yesterday; having started with -10D in each, there's a chance of re-lasering the right to get 20/20, but they would never try that before the 3 month mark, preferably 6.)

Old 07-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
(female)

nadia04 HB User

Hi

I had lasik done 4 days ago. My left eye was perfect then and right eye was blurry. Today...4 days post op my right eye is crisp and left eye is very blurry. How did this happen?
I had mild astigmatism in both, although the right one had a higher number.

Im just confused as to why the left eye would worsen from 20/20 on day one to 20/100 or something as I feel it is today.

Please help Im kind of freaking out...

I need to be able to see better and get back to work I am a little depressed now

Old 07-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #7
(male)

jas88cam HB User

First: don't panic! Vision will vary, particularly over the first few days. If you're following the usual followup pattern, you should have a one-week checkup due in the next few days?

Any pain or other symptoms, or just blurred vision in that eye? If you're worried, it's a good idea to try phoning the clinic about it: they'll have a better idea what the measurements were and should be, and what to watch out for at this stage.

Does it vary much - better or worse - when you put the drops in?

Personally, I'm still a little blurred in the right eye: having started at almost -10, I still have some undercorrection and astigmatism (about 1D of each IIRC) in that eye. Probably not worth re-operating for, particularly with the left eye being much better, but it's worth remembering: both my eyes did deteriorate a bit from the vision I had on the 1-week check (I was spot on 0 correction in the left, I'm about -0.25 now).

Old 07-29-2012, 01:29 AM   #8
(female)

nadia04 HB User

Hey thanks jas88cam

I found out my intraocular pressure in the left eye is raised mildly. Ive started treatment for it. Still blurry. I am a little scared it wont get better and I might have to go to an enhancement.

I am a dentist by profession and I need to be able to see better...specially for root canals and likes. I hope it gets better soon...its been over a week now. They say vision fluctuates for about a month at least. Let's see how it goes. Thank you so much for your help !

Old 08-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
(male)

Kanevil HB User

Hi, first post!

So I had LASIK 1 week ago (28/7/2012).

I think my story is the same as quite a few other people but just wanted to help. I had quite severe astigmastism in both eyes. I had LASIK elite from Ultralase in Bristol, UK.

I have what I consider to be oustanding daytime vision 1 week on from surgery, everything is crystal clear. I can see distance and near with better vision than I ever had with my glasses. I had an eye test yesterday and have 20/20 vision now. In addition what I see is sharper than I ever saw it before.

The only negative right now is night time vision which I feel my eyes are struggling to see in lower light conditions. I would say though it is not much different to when I wore glasses and its only because my daytime vision is so good that the difference is bigger now between daytime and nightime. Also things that are backlit like LCD displays, PC screens and television are blurry at times.

My father had LASIK done 5 years ago and had the exact same issue as me (and the same problems with his eyes) and it was about 6 months before this cleared up for him so I am going to wait it out. 6 months of average nightime vision is worth the incredible daytime vision I have.

Long story short, you are going the have to give your eyes time to heal and recover but it does get better I promise

Last edited by Kanevil; 08-04-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #10
(male)

guy448 HB User

Not true about that it get better overtime, it depends the reason why is nightvision impacted. Is it swelling or some residual water or whatever, within 3 months for all to clear out, all that goes beyond 3 months is just apperently lasik industry trick for your brain to get used to new vision, new effects. As i said it depends how bad it is, if it's really bad, well you can only fool yourself telling yourself you see normal, if it is minor, than ofc it ain't gonna bother you somuch after your brain gets used to new vision. This is really one of weird lasik flaws, too many people report nightvision issues, some don't, do these doctors know the reason of these issues, or they just do this procedure knowing they do not know why and how to solve vision impacting problem after surgery. Apperently peopel with ligher eyes and biger pupils get disaster of nightvision, i am one of them, 8mm pupils. Obviosuly lasik has limits in these areas, and obiosuly some doctors and clinics do lazy job and push candidates thinking they will get used to bad vision even though they are not perfect candidates. Crazy. I know this is not in my mind, as i said, other clinic tried to measure my eye error now, machine cannot read it because of so much error while my pupil is wide. Incredibly, that is when it hitted me in the stomach, how can i repair this vision, if technology can not take measurments of my eye error. How in the world could they take them before for the procedure. It is interesting, there could be possibilty that they ignored my error before, and that tehy only measure to 6mm of pupil error, i don't think even visx abberometer can go higher than 7mm pupils. When procedure is nto done right, or one area of where pupils widens at night is not done properly due to limitations of todays lasers and technolgies, than phisically it is impossible for your vision to get better, if it's really bad. Imagine it as yopu have glasses, and one part of lenses had different prescriptionl lik with contact lenses, if at middle they were correct, but on outer ranges they were flawed.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #11
(male)

Kanevil HB User

Ok, well to me it is getting better in just a week.

As I said my daytime vision is perfect, cannot fault it in any way and my nightime vision is getting better every evening since I had the surgery. I have not seen a halo or a starburst. Headlamps and streetlights have a bit of glare to them but they were anyway when I wore glasses.

Even my PC screen that I am looking at is much clearer now than it was 2 days ago and the text is a lot sharper where as it was a bit blurry 2 days ago.

I stick to what I said and that you have to give it time and in my (and friends) experience it will be your daytime vision that improves the fastest after surgery and nightime after that.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
(male)

guy448 HB User

How can I give it time cause it's been 1 year since my lasik, no time can fix my eyes. As i said it depends what is the cause of visual disturbances, you can nto generalize and tell everybody needs to give it time, no it doesnt work that way for some people who end up badly.

Last edited by guy448; 08-05-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #13
(male)

Kanevil HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy448 View Post
How can I give it time cause it's been 1 year since my lasik, no time can fix my eyes. As i said it depends what is the cause of visual disturbances, you can nto generalize and tell everybody needs to give it time, no it doesnt work that way for some people who end up badly.
This isn't anything to do with you, the OP was that it was only 4 days into recovery. That's who my reply was aimed at, people in a similar situation to the OP.

If you are still having issues after a year then you need to take that up with your surgeon.

I would say that your case is in isolated one and that you need to discuss your options with your surgery.

It seems to me that people on this forum from what I have read are VERY impatient. You have had major surgery to your eyes and they will take time to settle down.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #14
(male)

guy448 HB User

Time, and what is that time, you obviously still dont udnerstand, time for settling after this surger yis top 6 months, 3 for halos and other mild disturbances. No time can fix it beyond that point, cause there is nothing to heal no more, nothin to settle no more. Dear god, are you saying that this suepr easy instant surgery of 15 min, need like 5years post op for your eyes to settle and you can live normally again? No it's not isolated one, are you not capable of reading on this forum, do you not see other posts of damaged people after lasik, do you not see some peopel have depression and suicidal thoughts because of it, they were all candidates for surgery, in the end random effect got us all. Reality is if you are having just minor problems after surger, minor halos, maybe that will go away, or because it is minor you will get used to it, peopel after surgery who see that their nightvision is really seriously impacted, really seriously, that even after a week they can not drive a car or watch tv or move around in their space at low light, lightbulb light etc, than it won't be better. There is no logical and physical reason to get better, to heal. Cornea heals fast, your flap is healed. There is no miracle for something to heal, if parts of outer cornea whjere pupil expands are wrongly treated, or laser missed something. Who says this technolgoy is so suepr alien like and sophisitaced that some laser can really get every single dot in your cornea right? The proof is now that visx abberometer can not read my error, obviusly at 7mm+ if it can even go that high. So where is this alien technology now, even a machien can not capture data for so much light scattering in my eyes. Reality is, 3month is tops you can get all stability considering night and low light vision issues, all depends what is the issues here, swelling, residual water, what, if laser could not treat because of its limits your outer area of cornea properly, then you only fool yourself for 6 months period of that fixation, if you go 3 months ahead, then it only your brain getting used to, neuro adaptive, that is all what is going on, your cornea is not magically healing and fixing those parts that are due to laser limits, or botched unskillful surgeon. If now you don't expericen real problems with vision stability and nightvision, then obviously you don't have such a problem, you probably would be freaking out if after surgery you saw like some of us on this forum, oh belive me, you would be freaking out. People should not fool themselves with this healing and marketing time of this procedure, 3 months top for these issues, all beyond that if it ain't getting better, thats it, now if you got used to it in 3 months to some minor halos, then, all is fine for those people, they are happy. Dont call me isolated case, cause you really should do some googling, take a peek atr soem news clisp about these issues, and people who are damaged by it, and today still emerged damaged. All are candidates, just random effect who will come out of it with so much normal vision.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #15
(male)

Kanevil HB User

I am sorry but that post was far too difficult to read, ever heard of a paragraph?

In anyway none of my posts were aimed at you, it was a reply to the OP as I said before. You have clearly had complications in your surgery but did you read the disclaimer before you signed on the dotted line? Mine said there was a risk that eye sight would be worse than before surgery.

I simply wanted to help people who are in the first few weeks post surgery and are having a few doubts over their sight and whether what they are experiencing is normal or not.

LASIK is very successful in the majority of cases but like any surgery it has it's risks. Risks that were explained to me before hand.

Closed Thread

Tags
blood clots, blurred vision, lasik eye surgery