It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
(male)

Merville HB User
Unhappy Dry eyes advice

Hi, its been two weeks since my LASIK WAVEFRONT surgery and i have real problems with dry eyes and I am having to take drops almost every hour. Looking at the computer is difficult and also watching TV. Can anyone cheer me up with any good reports of their experiences similar to mine but where things eventually improved, as i am getting very depressed about the whole thing and could do with some cheering up. It so bad at the moment that i cannot go back to work.

On a second issue how long does it take for the halos etc particularly during the day to improve

Old 06-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
(male)

guy448 HB User
Re: Dry eyes advice

3 months is the usual when halos and other visual disturbances should subside, or your barin get used to it. I'm kinda leaning to brain trick from these clinics, seems much more logical than halos completely dissapering. What was your prescription, and pupil size?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
(male)

Merville HB User

Not sure of pupil size but prescription was -10 in left eye and -9.5 in the right

Old 06-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #4
(male)

guy448 HB User

Pretty high prescription, ask for your pupil measurment, or go to another clinic or something to measure them. In the end you can always go to that surgon and stay there and repeat to him to fix your eyes now. I think I will do that, they can call swat team for all I care. After all they greenlighted you as candidate, they should've known how hgh in risk factor you are, considering high prescription and maybe big pupils. especially if they rtell you surgery i sperfect everything is fine, and you still see bad and visual disturbances, than if it is fine and perfect, yu should see fine and perfect right?

The Following User Says Thank You to guy448 For This Useful Post:
Merville (06-11-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
(male)

carbonwhiskey HB User

I had terribly dry eyes the first week after lasik. Putting in eyedrops every 30 min and even more some times. Same as you, it was worse with the computer and driving at night.

On the 4th day post-op, my eyes got very red so I went back to the doc. He said my eyes were irritated, and gave me a sample of Durezol eye drops to put in 3 times per day, one drop per eye. This was to take the place of my Zylet drops on the same schedule.

After 3-4 days of the Durezol, my eyes became white again and the dryness went away. I could get away with drops maybe 1-2 times per DAY.

After I finished the Durezol, my eyes were fine for a week or two, but then became red and irritated again. The dryness came back, along with blurry night vision.

I went back, and got the Durezol drops again. Things are improving again in terms of dryness, but slower this time. You can feel teh relief from the Durezol drops pretty soon after you put them in.

Not recommending anyone get them, just how it has helped me.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
(male)

Merville HB User

Thanks CarbonWhisky, I am now reaching the 3 month point and I am still suffering quite badly from dry eyes although not as bad as when i first posted my message. Durezol is a steroid and is used to reduce imflamation, and will provide relief i guess for the dry eye symptoms. However, like all steroids they need to be taken for short periods only, so i think i will have to continue with the artifical "tear drops" until hopefully things improve. I am due to have my three month appointment this week so will be interested to see what they say. I am also taking flaxseed and bilberry which i am told helps the eyes heal but I have no idea whether it will but worth trying i guess.

I am also still having problems with halos etc, its not so bad during the day but night time is a different matter. But i would settle for this for relief from the burden of dry eyes!

Reply Reply