It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
(male)

chucklee HB User
Exclamation NEED HELP ASAP, am I good candidate? #'s posted

I am scheduled to have procedure done tomorrow on 8/30/12 with a nationally known company. I'm 28 years old and this is second major company I have consulted with (the other company also said I am a good candidate)
I am concerned about three things.

1. Am I truly a good candidate???

2. Which procedure will give me the best vision results LONG TERM (i don't care about the short term pain)

3. Based on my numbers, what can I realistically expect providing the Dr. knows what he is doing?

I have myopia and astigmatism.
Uncorrected VA: OD: DV 20/CF NV 20/30 OS: DV 20/cf NV 20/40
Corrected VA: OD: 20/20 NV 20/ OS: DV 20/25 NV 20/
Current RX: OD: -3.50-75x/75 OS: -4.5sph
Motility: OD: EOM OS: EOM
Confrontations: OD: FTFC OS: FTFC
Dom. EYE: OS
Pupils: OD: dim_6.5 Bright_4.5 OS: dim_6.5 Bright_4.5
Keratometry: OD: 45.4/46.3 x 092 OS: 45.60/46.0 x 0.96
Pachymetry: OD: orb_528 OS: orb_520
AR: OD: -3.00 -75 x 179 OS: -375 -50 x 178
MR: OD: -3.25 - 1.25 x 180 20/20 OS: -4.25 - .75 x 175 20/20
Cyclo Ref: -3.25 - 1.00 x 180 20/ OS: -4.25 - 050 x 180
Cornea Elevation_ FRONT: OD: BFS=7.44, Dia-8.00
Cornea Elevation_ BACK: OD: BFS=6.00, Dia-8.00
I also have the data and charts with info on corneal thickness and eye curvature on each eye. I don't know which of the hundred values are needed to give a basic judgment, so maybe I could send them as attachments or something?

Last edited by chucklee; 08-29-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
(male)

Regret eyes HB UserRegret eyes HB User
Re: NEED HELP ASAP, am I good candidate? #'s posted

Hey chuck, I don't know about the numbers but quite frankly they don't mean anything. Your gambling. You may have good outcome or not. I had huge script at -875 not including astigmatism. Left with halos and starburts along with dry eyes. This is one thing I'm 100% sure of, if something goes wrong there is no way in hell they'll have answers for you to correct it. Tomorrow is your day... I'll tell you search the net for the next 24 hours and if you are comfortable after that then go for it. Good luck.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
(male)

chucklee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regret eyes View Post
Hey chuck, I don't know about the numbers but quite frankly they don't mean anything. Your gambling. You may have good outcome or not. I had huge script at -875 not including astigmatism. Left with halos and starburts along with dry eyes. This is one thing I'm 100% sure of, if something goes wrong there is no way in hell they'll have answers for you to correct it. Tomorrow is your day... I'll tell you search the net for the next 24 hours and if you are comfortable after that then go for it. Good luck.
Thanks for the input. I hate to hear of "horror stories" like yours. That's honestly very unfortunate, and I pray to God that He guides me in my decision as well as guides the procedure. I have been doing a lot of research, and the numbers certainly do matter. I know there are risks as well, but I am more interested in knowing about personal risks associated with my eyes (taking out the human error factor of course)

Old 09-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
(male)

guy448 HB User

Err I believe no God is influencing this outcome, I respect your religion but come on, be real about this. If you are a beliver, why give your god given eyes to ordinary humans to play God on your eyes? Accept what was given to you, you ain't blind, don't risk to make it worse. There is no human error, or is it? I dunno if you consider human error in maybe pushin not perfect candidates, if there are perfect candidates that is. So if they push you for money then is that considere4d human error, if you are perfect or good candidate, and after procedure is done, and all went well, yet you have issues, whose error is it? It's pure gamble, don't you think that they would say to each person if with this machinery they could take scans and predictability of procedure, and tell you what will you see after, more halos, less halos etc? I don't think they do that, i think they go for a gamble to, with risks being put aside, and some benefits put as priority. If you know the procedure, and you read peopel who end up badly no matter how good candidates they were, then you should realise it is a gamble with your eyes, and your life and quality of life. You should go to different clinics with those numbers to see what they say. I advise think more, reasearch more and don't do it, it is really not necessary, all marketing and everything just puted in ourminds so we all wanna have normal clear vision, if you were not given that, you really can't have normal and clear vision like people with healthy eyes. In the end this procedure does not cure your eyes or correct defects, it makes new defect to cancel old one, so you still don't get normal healthy eyevball shape.

Reply Reply