It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
(male)

Merville HB User
Advice need on the use of plugs for Dry eyes

Hi, its now been 4 months today since i had my wavefront lasik surgery and whilst my vision is quite good in both eyes (considering i was -10.25 in one eye and - 9.25 in the other), i continue to suffer from dry eyes. The optromist's advice, suggests that these symptoms can last for up 6 months and should improve, however, i have experience only a very small improvement and wondered if plugs would help and are there any downsides to having plugs. Has anyone tried plugs and if so, did it help. Grateful for any advice on this or on how to relief the symptoms of dry eyes.

I am currently taking celluvisic 1% and at night Vita-POS. I am also taking Flaxseed and Bilberry which are suppose to be good for the eyes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
(female)

Sqsunshinelady HB User
Re: Advice need on the use of plugs for Dry eyes

I have extremely dry eyes, which were so bad I had to put in moisturizing drops every 10 minutes. I did not have LASIK as the doctor warned me it could be even worse for my dry eyes. I had the plugs inserted...a painless, quick and easy process. They immediately helped by doubling the time between drops. Since then I have started on Restasis drops (quite expensive) morning and evening, and they have helped a lot. The downside is that they burn my eyes so I have red eyes most mornings until it wears off. Another therapy that helps is warm compresses to the eyes morning and evening. I've also found Refresh Optive Advanced drops to be helpful, and still use them hourly during the day. Additionally I take fish oil. As a fellow sufferer and an RN, dealing with dry eyes is far more frustrating than most people who have not experienced it tend to think, and I wish you good luck in finding relief!

Susan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply