It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
(male)

dajm HB User
Issue with focus and motion. Please help.

Hi,

I had LASIK done about 9 months ago for an astigmatism in both eyes. Firstly I want to say that I now have perfect 20/15 vision (better than 20/20). My vision is now actually better than it ever was with glasses and contacts (because corrective lenses simply cannot ever fully correct an astigmatism) and I am very grateful for this success.

The issue I am having though is that my eyes tend to have difficulty focusing on quick motion and can cause me some eye strain or disorientation. For example if I am watching a TV show with a really shaky camera my eyes will feel strained in keeping focus on the screen. Or sometimes when I'm at work and I'm moving around fast and focusing on different things quickly (I work in a kitchen) this can happen then as well. I also have noticed that in general, after the surgery, my eyes aren't as quick when focusing from something very close to something either mid-distance or far away and vice versa.

I would like to know if anyone knows anything about this issue (diagnosis, etc.) and whether there is anything I can do about it. I do not need any negative responses about LASIK because I can surely live with this issue, in fact, I consider this to be less of an issue than the plethora of issues that I had when it came to wearing glasses or contacts (don't even get me started on that).

It might also be worth mentioning that I have blepharitis, which can cause me to have dry eye at night, in the mornings, and occasionally during the day. I also have large pupils so the star bursts and halos that I saw before the surgery got a bit bigger after the surgery, but again, this is not a big issue for me.

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply