It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
(male)

daniel1988 HB User
red spot shifted after lasik

I had a intralase bladeless lasik done 4 days ago.. after the surgery, I had these red blotches above my eye if I pull my eye lid up.. I know it normal as they are caused by the suction pressure during lasik.. However this morning when I woke up, the red blotches in my right eye shifted downwards. . I called the clinic but they say it is normal. . Now im a bit skeptical.. it's normal for the red blotches to shift places? I was worried if it is the shift of cornea flap.. Please help me out or share if u had similar experiences. . Thanks!

Old 11-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Simonxx45 HB User
Re: red spot shifted after lasik

Hello Friends,

Your doctor is exactly right and the red spots are the result of the mild pressure from the suction cup of the laser flap device. I use Naphcon A, which is available over the counter, right before I perform the LASIK prodecure, and I have found this bruising to occur less often. You could still try Naphcon A now and see if it might not resolve the red spots a little faster. Regardless, the red spots will resolve completely and mean nothing other than a slight temporary bruising. Whether they resolve in time for the upcoming event you are going to is another matter.

Best Regards
Simon Joseph

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Simonxx45 HB User

Hello Friends,

Your doctor is exactly right and the red spots are the result of the mild pressure from the suction cup of the laser flap device. I use Naphcon A, which is available over the counter, right before I perform the LASIK prodecure, and I have found this bruising to occur less often. You could still try Naphcon A now and see if it might not resolve the red spots a little faster. Regardless, the red spots will resolve completely and mean nothing other than a slight temporary bruising. Whether they resolve in time for the upcoming event you are going to is another matter.

Best Regards
Simon Joseph

Old 11-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
(male)

daniel1988 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonxx45 View Post
Hello Friends,

Best Regards
Simon Joseph
Thx joseph I get what you mean.. I do understand that it is common for eyes to have spots. However my issue is that the red spots shifted place from the top of my eyeball to the middle portion of my eyeball. Nevertheless am seeing my doctor this evening. Thx again!

Reply Reply