It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 06:03 AM   #1
(male)

hopefuldude HB User
Pre-Lasik check up question

Hello,

My surgery is set for this Friday but during my final vision test yesterday I noticed that the vision in my right eye was a little blurry compared to the vision test about 30 minutes prior when I first arrived. I mentioned this to the doctor out of concern that something was off and I might get Lasik'd to the wrong prescription and he said the settings were unchanged between the first test of the day and that last one.

He said that its normal, and that if he gave me 10 tests the vision by the end could degrade due to my eyes being tired. I was skeptical but he showed me the numbers from all 4 vision tests they've performed on me over last 2 weeks. The right eye was steady and my left eye with astigmatism had changed a little. I then looked thru the optical test device and my left eye was still clear and my right eye was still a lil blurry.

I don't know what to make of this. With the first 3 tests everything looked clear when they dialed in my prescription but of course on that very last test the right eye vision was blurred. He said I shouldn't worry and the numbers don't lie, but I can't shake the feeling. His bedside manner isn't great which I think compounded my concern but he's been doing this for over 20 years.

Am I worrying over nothing? I hope this makes sense, its early and I haven't had any coffee yet. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
(male)

otte HB User
Re: Pre-Lasik check up question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldude View Post
Hello,

My surgery is set for this Friday but during my final vision test yesterday I noticed that the vision in my right eye was a little blurry compared to the vision test about 30 minutes prior when I first arrived. I mentioned this to the doctor out of concern that something was off and I might get Lasik'd to the wrong prescription and he said the settings were unchanged between the first test of the day and that last one.

He said that its normal, and that if he gave me 10 tests the vision by the end could degrade due to my eyes being tired. I was skeptical but he showed me the numbers from all 4 vision tests they've performed on me over last 2 weeks. The right eye was steady and my left eye with astigmatism had changed a little. I then looked thru the optical test device and my left eye was still clear and my right eye was still a lil blurry.

I don't know what to make of this. With the first 3 tests everything looked clear when they dialed in my prescription but of course on that very last test the right eye vision was blurred. He said I shouldn't worry and the numbers don't lie, but I can't shake the feeling. His bedside manner isn't great which I think compounded my concern but he's been doing this for over 20 years.

Am I worrying over nothing? I hope this makes sense, its early and I haven't had any coffee yet. Thanks in advance.
You are not worrying over nothing. This is a serious operation. My vision changes during the day depending on lighting conditions, humidity and if my eyes are tired or not. I went the lasik route and after a second try at both eyes I still have troubles. My vision is bad in low light conditions and have more problems during winter with short daylight and dryer air. So - I hope that the numbers they got are correct as that is what you will have if done right. If you are not comfortable go to someone who treats you better, wait a couple of years for the procedure to be more improved, or get into buying some really nice frames. You can buy alot of really nice frames for the cost of lasik.
I now need glasses to drive, glasses to watch TV, glasses for computer so weight the downside of lasik. I did not and wish I had - I can walk around without glasses but that cost me $4000.

The Following User Says Thank You to otte For This Useful Post:
hopefuldude (11-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
(male)

hopefuldude HB User
Re: Pre-Lasik check up question

Thank you Amy for sharing your thoughts and experience. I may postpone the surgery until I'm more comfortable or just find another surgeon that I'm more comfortable with.

Reply Reply