It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
(female)

Globetrotter013 HB User
Does sight REALLY keep on improving after lasik?

I had Lasik 3 days ago and though I don't have any physical problems with my eyes at all, I just can't see as well as I could with contact lenses. My prescription was -2.25 in both eyes for many years, though on thorough pre op examination the Dr said it was -1.5 in one eye and -1.75 in the other (both with computerised testing AND me looking through the glasses thing).

I've been back twice for follow up and both times he's said there is absolutely nothing wrong with my eyes, no wrinkles etc, so I should just wait for the vision to return. He is confident (he says) that it will improve and that soon I will have 20/20 vision.

My question is, does it really keep on improving after surgery, or is it more likely that I will need enhancement in 6 months? Is it generally possible to tell within the first few days if this is going to be it?

As I say I have no other problems at all, no halos, no blurred vision, no dry eyes, vision is clear, just not as good as I had hoped for.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
(female)

Strawxberry HB User
Re: Does sight REALLY keep on improving after lasik?

I had the surgery four days ago, and my vision is still at its worst. I see absolutely no improvement since the day after. As of now my vision is probably still at 20/200 or 20/400 they claim it will take longer depending on how high your prescription was, since my prescription was pretty high I'm told it may take quite a while. Even a week to start seeing results. But quite honestly to answer your question, yes. Your vision will keep on improving within a 3 month - 6 month time frame for the most part.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
(male)

JasonCer HB User

I had PRK about 2 weeks ago, my vision was -5.25 and -4.75, and after about 3-4 days I could barely open my eyes and I was also worried that my vision would stay at what it was, which was not good, but the next 3-5 days I saw a dramatic improvement, and the 1 week follow up appointment I already had 20-20 vision.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
(female)

Globetrotter013 HB User

Hi, just thought I'd come back with an update.

Now 12 weeks post op... After around 3 weeks I noticed a difference (better). For the first 2 months my right eye was much clearer than my left, but I'm realising this week that my left has significantly improved and is now actually clearer than the right.

This is a surprise as I didn't really believe it would keep on improving months after the op.

So at 3 months I am well satisfied with the outcome. Still have a few issues when in a room with fluorescent lights, but this is getting better. Dry eyes also much better now.

Hope this is an encouragement to some that it is worth waiting

The Following User Says Thank You to Globetrotter013 For This Useful Post:
Gummy Bear (04-11-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 12:53 AM   #5
(female)

gswb HB User

I hope you are perfectly healed. I'm into Week 4 and waiting [trying not to panic or get depressed and/or anxious] for my right eye vision to get clearer ...

Reply Reply