It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
(female)

Franklin64 HB User
Question Lasik can be corrected so I am told!

I had surgery on Saturday and now Thursday, my vision is worse than I ever expected, I do not know my prescription, just that I had to use no line bi-focals before and could not see close up but my far sight was fine, a little hazy but nothing drastic.....
Before my Op I asked if it went wrong then what, and was told that it can be corrected, I have no blade mono vision procedure, never had any pain what so ever, but wish I had never had it done.
I can see close up now but have lost my far sight, when they tell you it takes a time to adjust and the brain to work out whats going on, they don't tell you how dramatic the initial loss can be!

Has anyone been corrected please and did it work.

Thank You.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
(female)

whiskeythekid HB Userwhiskeythekid HB User
What was your vision before lasik?

If you were farsighted, that takes longer to see correctly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
(female)

Franklin64 HB User
Re: Lasik can be corrected so I am told!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeythekid View Post
What was your vision before lasik?

If you were farsighted, that takes longer to see correctly.
I was farsighted and now near.

I did go to the Dr yesterday and she said that my corneas are still very swollen and that they are not going down as quickly as most folk, she said she has seen it before but very very rare so I am on Muro 128 drops every 4 hours and then Muro 128 ointment at bedtime, plus regular drops every hour.
She did say it may take time, and that she has heard of people that all of a sudden wake up and its happened over night (wouldn't that be wonderful)

I have glasses on order to arrive anyday so I hope that will help with my driving!

Worst case senerio after 6 months they can and will indeed reverse the procedure.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
(male)

lexs HB User
Re: Lasik can be corrected so I am told!

if you had h-lasik, you should not worry. you are overcorrected on purpose, that is good when you are far sighted and use bifocals. You can expect a regression in the next 6 months that will give you a better far vision and loose some short vision. Depending on your age, this overcorrection will help you in the future. Regression in far sighted lasik is huge.

The Following User Says Thank You to lexs For This Useful Post:
Franklin64 (08-28-2013)
Old 09-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
(female)

Katia13 HB User
Cool Re: Lasik can be corrected so I am told!

Okay a couple things here. Maybe this could help. I had lasik and an enhancement and no one really could relate to my experience so I wanna tell you about it. First off I had a -4.50 with a 4.0 astigmatism and -2.75 no astigmatism right eye. I have intralase wavefront lasik. First time around I could not see clearly for a week. I was distraught, panicked,alarmed, and above all else impatient. I thought the whole thing had gone wrong! My healing process was extremely slow to me and it was two weeks before I could drive. Fast forward to about a month later and my vision was good, not great, but good enough to not need glasses. It really did improve as time went by. I am 29 years old and it took forever! I drove my doctor, friends and family nuts out of my concern. Fast forward to 4 months post up I was 20/25 and 20/15. Doc let me know that I had a 2.0 astigmatism and could do an enhancement in another two months. Had the enhancement and vision was very blurry for a week. This time it was easier because the right eye was strong. So I don't know the full story and I'm no doc, but in the end it was THE BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF! After all the panick, frustration, dry eyes, blurriness I have the best vision I could ever imagine. It would drive me insane when people would say, "I was back to driving the next day". So hang on! I have patience myself, but I'd like to go back in time and take back all the time I spent fretting and spend it enjoying life. So again best wishes and I really understand. Its going to be okay.

Reply Reply