It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Learning Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2004, 04:15 PM   #1
(male)

Starter7777 HB User
Must fix learning disorder!

I don't know excatly what is wrong with my brain, since the first grade, I have had trouble with math..... I know, I know, look into dyscalculia, I already have, and I know that's what's wrong with me. It also seems to affect my understanding of simple conversation. If someone gives me a choice, that involves statements like, if you don't stop doing so and so, you will not get so and so. I takes me sometimes a whole minute to realize that not stoping is to continue, and I don't know how to respond to people. One time someone said they would return in no less than an hour, and it took me that whole hour to figure out that no less is more! Now, I'm not confined to this stupidity always, sometimes I understand everything with no problem! Most of the time you can forget about True or False questions, I think in reverse and it's hard to turn my thoughts the correct direction. If you ask me if it's a false statement if I did something, I don't know what to say! I haven't always been as bad as I am now, but it's getting so bad, I am contemplating taking my own life, cause I can't function withing normal conversation boundries! I don't know what to do for help! Forget about the math part, I just want to be able to understand things.

Old 10-10-2004, 08:18 PM   #2
(male)

Starter7777 HB User
Re: Must fix learning disorder!

I need help, is there any medication to help this? I can't go on like this......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2004, 07:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Redhead23 HB User

Dyscalculia does NOT affect how you process language.

This could be many things, including ADHD, nonverbal LD, CAPD (Central Auditory Processing Disorder) and so on but only a trained professional can diagnose and help you.

Inhibited Perfectionist

Old 10-11-2004, 06:17 PM   #4
(male)

Starter7777 HB User

Thank you for you advice Redhead23.

Closed Thread