It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Learning Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2006, 01:44 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

iyami HB User
Angry verbal issues.. how can i deal with school?

> trouble undertsanding wen peple talk to me / rembering what they just said 2 seocnds ago
> seirous trouble spelling words / writeing words/letters in teh right order
> cant read at all i fi dont concentrate, and even then its often dificult
> cant put my thoughts into words

i dont knwo whats worng with me, just that something is, and its all verbal

my dad thinks im makeing it up, my mom belives me but wont ever confront authority figures, includieng teachers.

i dont know how to make my school stop treating me like a normal person, becuase im not normal, and if they dont cooperate im not going to be able to gradate highschool

what should i do?

i also have serious-serious anxity issues, i know they legally have to be reasonable about my verbal problems, but do they have to be reasonable about my anxiety too?

im so sick of teachers telling me that im slakcing off, and then saying how perfect my brothers are (vice principal hates me, and yeah, she really does compare me to my brothers), i cant go to school alot of times, becuase of my anxiety, (i heard some poeple work it out so that they can do school work at home when tehy cnat attend and are alowe dto coem in late sometimes, bt my shcool is just so strict i dont think theyll let me) and when i do go my verbal problems make me even more stressed, it feels like no one is listening to me

is there a law in my favor? a test i can take to prove i have real problems?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2006, 12:37 PM   #2
(female)

Sonflower1116 HB User
Re: verbal issues.. how can i deal with school?

I'm so sorry you're having problems getting someone to take you seriously with your learning difficulties.

I used to be a teacher in our Middle school's Reading Lab, so I do believe you when you say you are having a lot of trouble learning and communicating.

Looking at the second problem you mentioned, "serious trouble spelling words/writing words/letters in the right order," have you ever been tested for DYSLEXIA? This is a learning disability where you do not read the words/letters as they actually appear. Keep looking for a teacher or friend who will listen to you, and ask if you can be tested for this. Having Dyslexia can trigger stress and be the cause of other issues.

I hope to hear in the near future that you have finally been able to find someone who will take you and your problems seriously and give you some attention and help. Don't give up.

Ask a friend to help you read about Dyslexia. Most are able to overcome this learning disability by taping their class lessons and taking tests verbally instead on having to read and write the answers.

God Bless.

Last edited by Sonflower1116; 02-21-2006 at 12:42 PM.

Closed Thread