It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Learning Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #1
(female)

rok c HB User
Angry frustrated and worried

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me understand some things....I have never been fond of a lot of numbers but I have not been bad at them...I worked 9 years with code in the military and I was a great numbers sailor...exceptional with few era's...now I am a 42 year old woman and for the last year I have developed number and alpha dyslexia....it is quite severe and very scary...I am poet but do not like ot even write anymore b/c I keep reversing the letters...letters more than numbers actually...and last week in the gorcery store I said words in swapped positions.....is it normal to develop such a learning disorder at 41-42 yrs old? Please give me some feedback or let me know where I can do further research...thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2006, 11:22 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sleepingbeauty1 HB User
Re: frustrated and worried

if i knew how to help you i would know how to help myself.sorry.read my post newbie.im alot worse off than you.and im a 34 yr old woman.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2006, 11:48 PM   #3
(female)

Miss P. HB User
Re: frustrated and worried

Honestly? I probably won't be much help either...except to say that, IMO, I don't think it's normal to suddenly become "dyslexic" and reverse symbols that are more than familiar to you. Perhaps something is going on with the way your eyes and brain are processing the symbols? I would see your doctor...maybe he can offer some insight or refer you to someone else (neurologist?).

Good luck!

Closed Thread