It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Learning Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
(female)

pleezhelpme HB User
Could this be a learning disability and if yes what type

I absolutely hate reading for my life and am really bad at vocab. Most times when I have to read for school i never understand it, I basically read the cliff notes for everything. I could spell pretty well though. Instead of studying things I'll just memorize them instead of actually 'understanding' the material and i do well on those tests. I really like math, it takes a long time to understand, but like once i understand it then I know it well. I was in resource room for about three years when I was younger (it was for everything math, reading, like literally everything) I needed speech therapy for about three years but fixed that problem. I do well in school with like an 85 or above in every subject but I study really hard. I just took my sats and did pretty poorly on them so basically my grades on that did not even match up to those on my report card. At one of the interviews in my HS they asked me why my grades on my report card contrasted greaty from the entrance examp I actually did much worse on the entrance exam than the report card. I guess the only answer to that is that I study do well and then like dont remember most of it but I obviously didnt tell them that. COuld this be some sort of learning disability? i was tested a long long time ago but they found nothing but could i have gotten one after they tested me or did they just miss something?

Old 12-07-2006, 12:58 PM   #2
(female)

Highland_runner HB User
Re: Could this be a learning disability and if yes what type

Hi there...
I have the same problem. Whatís sad is that even to this day I have problems reading. When I study I just memorize all the letters in the words. During my high school years I attended a special class that helped with my reading.....it didn't help. I understand how you feel. I'm even still embarrassed to admit it till this day and I'm 26. Keep me updated on your progress.

Pat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2006, 05:43 PM   #3
(male)

stueck HB User
Re: Could this be a learning disability and if yes what type

do you have a lot of extra energy.
is it hard to foces on work and get distracted easly.
if so you are adhd.

Closed Thread