It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Learning Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2008, 07:39 AM   #1
(female)

faqir20 HB User
new user

I would like to know about how LD effects a person at work? And how can a person with LD manage time at work?

Old 11-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
(male)

khn67 HB User
Re: new user

Hi faqir20,
So u needed to know the effects of LD on an individual at work?? Well I suppose it will be difficult for both, the employer and the employee. Initial things for employment such as, searching for one and then going through the interview processes, getting the offer, training would be one of the difficult phases for any person with LD. But i guess, eventually the biggest hurdle would be to actually keep that job. what do u think? So i think, in this case, the employer holds a great responsibility. Let me know if that helps. g2g. take care & good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2008, 05:46 AM   #3
(female)

faqir20 HB User
Re: new user

Hi khn,Thanks for the reply, and explaning the problems that a person with LD might have in getting a job .But i still want to know the time manegement problem at work.So if you have any experience of it or know somebody with the disability i would like to hear about this problem too.
thanks

Old 11-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #4
(male)

khn67 HB User
Smile Re: new user

Quote:
Originally Posted by faqir20 View Post
I would like to know about how LD effects a person at work? And how can a person with LD manage time at work?
sorry, i didn't seem to have paid attention to that part of the question. anyway, umm well first of all, both the employer and the employee need to understand each other. If thats possible, then the employer can possibly make arrangements to accomodate the employee and overcome such disabilities. Things like flexible work assignments, timers to realize how much time is spent on tasks, word proccesssors or voice recorders, etc can help the employee to a great extent. Doing one thing at a time, and asking co-workers or supervisers to schedule meetings in order to minimize interruptions wil help too. Even taking frequent and short breaks can be accounted for.

yeah, i hope i have given u some insights to what u were seeking for. help it helped. arright take care then

Closed Thread