It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Learning Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
(male)

48CCR HB User
Unhappy New and need help

I am glad to be member here
First, my English is my second language, sorry for grammar.
I am Master student here in London. I started my first term very good.
I have a lot of assignments, isn't problem for me. But my curve is go down sharply, I got A, C and E.. The problem is I couldn't think, write and read, I completely blocked..Now I failed in rest of my courses. It is very sad, but it is out of my hand. However, I have been told that maybe I have type of dyslexia, and I have also bad eczema in my leg. I didn't take test or went to doctor.. I don't like to talk about my problem, I hide it from my univ..and know i am in bad situation.
Anybody here help me what is wrong with me? should i drop out from univ?

Thanks

Old 05-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
(female)

mama Jessi HB User
Re: New and need help

I think it would be wise for you to be tested/seen by a psychologist. He/she is trained in these fields, and would be able to correctly access you.

I have been recently been diagnosed with a math dyslexia. I do not see numbers move or switch around, I just simply dont understand, "forget" how to solve the problems and become very over-welhemed when faced with numerical problems or math word problems. Oddly enough I am decent at Geometry.

I know that here, in the United States, univer. (public and private) as well as 2 year community colleges must adhere to a student with a learning disability. You must recieve a letter from the doctor who diagnosed you, so you may present it to the correct admin. at your school.

From there professors/instructors must be willing to give you extra time on tests/quizzes, provide you with a learning method that is condusive to your learning disability, etc. Its worth looking into, right?

Although you are a private person, you really should go see what is REALLY going on "upstairs". After all, its not like you are required to hang a sign around your neck with your diagnoses, for all to see...Best of luck to you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
(female)

jnn HB User
Re: New and need help

Hi 48CCR,

It must be really hard for you to study in a second language. Doing a master program is not easy. I understand the frustration you are going through on top of the language issue. I am a ESL grad student as well.

It doesn't sound like dyslexia to me thought, because your spelling is perfect. It's hard and inappropriate to give you any diagnosis here, but what you could do is to visit the disability services office at your school, they might have some insight of what your problem could be, and refer you to some further testing.

I hope you can hang in there and find help you need. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48CCR View Post
I am glad to be member here
First, my English is my second language, sorry for grammar.
I am Master student here in London. I started my first term very good.
I have a lot of assignments, isn't problem for me. But my curve is go down sharply, I got A, C and E.. The problem is I couldn't think, write and read, I completely blocked..Now I failed in rest of my courses. It is very sad, but it is out of my hand. However, I have been told that maybe I have type of dyslexia, and I have also bad eczema in my leg. I didn't take test or went to doctor.. I don't like to talk about my problem, I hide it from my univ..and know i am in bad situation.
Anybody here help me what is wrong with me? should i drop out from univ?

Thanks

Closed Thread