It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Learning Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2002, 06:01 AM   #1

kellaz3 HB User
Post Where is everyone/anyone??

Is there anyone here? I would love to start this board up with conversation. My son was just diagnosed yesterday with a learning disability. Looking for other people in my shoes.

Kelly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2002, 09:59 AM   #2

ckinusa HB User
Kelly, what type of disability if you don't mind. My son has been diagnosed with a "emotional" disability within the schools that significantly affects daily life.

catherine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2002, 07:00 AM   #3

kellaz3 HB User
Hi Catherine,

My son has a reading disability (dyslexia) along with problems following directions and staying on task, although they say he doesn't have ADD, but he's high-risk for it because of the learning disability. He's in first grade. School's been hard for him this year.

What kind of emotional problems does your son have? I have a very high-maintenance, emotional third-grader also, maybe I could help or offer adivce!

Kelly

Old 01-07-2003, 05:25 PM   #4

OkieGal HB User
My daughter was diagnosed in kindergarden with a learning disorder. She was held back once in kindergarden and she is now in first grade and having a very difficult time. She also has adhd and is bipolar. Her doctor has had her on ritalin but it caused her to be very groggy and unalert so he took her off of it.
She was approved for SSI and I am currently looking into some private tutoring or special schooling for children with learning disabilities.

Old 01-14-2003, 02:57 PM   #5
(female)

Gingerwoman HB User
Your doctor doesn't know what he is doing if you daughter is bipolar at all he should never have put her on ritalin. It is dangerous for bipolar children as it can set off mania but luckily it sounds like it didn't do that.
ANYONE OUT THERE NO ANYONE ABOUT DYSPRAXIA!

Old 01-14-2003, 02:57 PM   #6
(female)

Gingerwoman HB User
Your doctor doesn't know what he is doing if you daughter is bipolar at all he should never have put her on ritalin. It is dangerous for bipolar children as it can set off mania but luckily it sounds like it didn't do that.
ANYONE OUT THERE NO ANYONE ABOUT DYSPRAXIA!

Old 02-27-2003, 05:33 PM   #7

leet51 HB User
Question

My grandson was diagnoised with ADHD and they thought he was btpolor but he wasnt he was just frustrated with not being able to understand what was going on inside him.They tried him on contra but he got very depressed he is now on aderal and is doing great the ony thing is i dont like the loss of appatite he has lost a lot of weight. Does your daughter have times when her anger is uncontrolable maybe this is just anger at not being able to understand why she cant keep up i would dwell in to this some more it dosent sound like you have the right doctor maybe you need to look some where else.

------------------
lolita simmons

Closed Thread