It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Learning Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #1
(female)

Toadlily HB User
RAD Prism glasses for Reading Disability

My son has a reading disability. He has the list of symptoms under dyslexia except that words don't move, flip, etc.

So looking into his problem, I came across RAD Prism glasses - invented by a veterinarian whose son was dyslexic. He contends that some people have an asymmetry between the eyes - he blames the left eye as being closer in, creating a blind spot. Seems like this would be an over generalization to everyone's eye placement to me. But who knows, maybe the glasses work but his explanation is wrong.

Anyway, anyone try them? They seem too good to be true. Is it a scam? Of course I'm wanting to try such a simple solution. It seems that prisms have been used before but I'm not sure what they accomplished and how they were used.

Last edited by moderator2; 08-11-2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s) - please read the posting rules

Old 08-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
(female)

thelibrarian HB Userthelibrarian HB User
Re: RAD Prism glasses for Reading Disability

I know this is an answer two years later, but I am responding just in case anyone is curious. Yes- these glasses did help my daughter. I purchased the glasses in hopes that they would help- I opened the box and of course, tried them on myself. Everything was blurry and I had double vision. Same for my husband. We then put them on our then 8 year old daughter. She immediately said " Wow, everything looks clearer". My 14 year old couldn't wait to get her hands on them after hearing younger daughters' comments. She put them on her face and immediately took them off in distaste. They really did make a difference for my daughter. She is now 11 and is reading on grade level. Eventually, they give the child double vision and they will stop wearing them. Good luck,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread