Re: Relapsed after bone marrow transplant
I can understand the pain you're going through right now; making choices like this is something no one should ever have to go through. My best and most heartfelt advice is to get as well informed as you can about every possible plan and then go with what you know is right. It may or may not be a life saving treatment but what ever path you decided you have to know deep down that you are making the right choice. Of course you will always doubt your decision at one point in time or another but if you make the right one then you will always know you did, go with your heart and your mind. There were many nights my husband and I agonized over our daughterís treatment. Should we go with more chemo, more radiation, another transplant, or should it all be palliative? I searched high and low with the research tools available at that time and learned as much as I possibly could. For us the decision to fight was the right one, we just could not let her go at such a young age and honestly she wasn't ready. If there was ever a doubt in my mind that she didn't want to go through with more treatment then I would have stopped right in my tracks at that very moment.
Search out for more trials but most importantly ask your brother what he wants. If he is ready to stop then it's time...if he wants to fight then fight on! Please know that I will keep you and your family in my prayers. If you have any other questions please just ask.