It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2004, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

lisa30777 HB User
bruising after blood test help plz

ive been having some health problems lately mainly chest pains
i had a full blood count about 10 weeks ago that came back fine,can you still have leukemia and it not show up in your blood?
my doctor has just taken another on friday only i have a huge bruise thats came up not only at the palce where the needle goes in but right down my arm and round to the side! sud i be worried? will the full blood count test i got taken on friday show anything like leukemia up? ive also had aches and pains and night sweats really worried help please

thanks lisa

Old 12-28-2004, 02:20 PM   #2
(female)

lisa30777 HB User
Re: bruising after blood test help plz

any help please i know it may sound silly but im really worried about this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2004, 12:23 AM   #3
(female)

Kerena35 HB User

If you had a normal blood test 10 weeks ago then Leukemia is not your problem. I believe it is possible to have normal CBCs very early in some Leukemias. But if you're already having symptoms related to a blood desease your blood work would have showed plenty of abnormalties.

Last edited by Kerena35; 12-29-2004 at 12:24 AM.

Old 12-29-2004, 04:53 AM   #4
(female)

lisa30777 HB User

thanks for putting my mind at rest kerena

Old 12-29-2004, 02:04 PM   #5

WandaP HB User
Smile Re: bruising after blood test help plz

HI

My sister in law had leukemia and brusing was not one of her main symptoms..They found out she had it when she didnt feel good and had blood work done so YES if you had it they would have found it in your blood work..It has to do with your white cell count and red cell count..also she is doing FINE by the way..smiles...Now for your brusing..I bruise all the time..I get a bruse even if I have an itch and scratch it...One time I tripped and fell I was BLACK from my hip to my ankle...I went to see my family dr..He asked me if I used asprin alot I told him yes..He laughed and said asprin is a blood thinner so naturally a bruise is going to form...
I am sure you are FINE!!!

Old 12-29-2004, 03:58 PM   #6
(female)

lisa30777 HB User

hi wanda
thanks for the reply put my mind at rest alot more (im such a worrywort) glad to hear your sister in law is doing good,i bruise pretty easy as well so does my mum tho so i guess it just runs in the family

thanks again
lisa

Old 01-01-2005, 10:19 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

just to let u know i bruised when i got my flu shot!! i always have my entire life and its just hit a spot that causes bruising trust me on this one!! ive had bruises from blood tests as far back as i can remember that were sometime 10 inches long!!!

Old 01-03-2005, 02:53 PM   #8
(female)

lisa30777 HB User

hi hayley
thanks for that, my blood results came back fine! i just worry about everything lately!

lisax

Old 01-04-2005, 02:32 AM   #9
(female)

lisa30777 HB User

and sorry if i offened anybody with my silly questions

Old 03-16-2005, 06:36 AM   #10

UPSET011 HB User

Bruising can be caused by a number of things. When they take my blood I have really small veins. It the nurse uses a normal needle I have a huge bruise from her drawing blood. Now when I go in I tell them to use a small needle.

Bruising is one symptom of leukemia. My father was extremely tired mostly. He had Leukemia and Cirrhosis of the Liver. Cirrhosis of the Liver you will have extreme bruising. He also had heart problems and took asprin for years everyday.

I think you are fine. They can tell from your blood. Your counts will be off if you have leukemia. My mother has CLL. My father had MDS that transferred to AML.

Closed Thread