It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2003, 10:21 AM   #1

serenasq HB User
Exclamation dent in the leg?///

Hi
I have what you could call a dent in my leg , there is a large indentation not sure what it is , any ideas?

Old 08-12-2003, 05:04 PM   #2

lindaann HB User
Have you received any information anywhere in response to your question? I have recently discovered a dent in my leg too, on the outer thigh.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2003, 01:23 AM   #3

kllym HB User
Hi
My doctor said it was where the tissues in the leg have worn away (he does not know why though)

Didnt convince me though :]

Old 09-12-2003, 04:36 PM   #4

lindaann HB User
My primary care physician blew me off too saying it probably was a result from an earlier injury and there was some necrosis of the fat. Funny it just showed up and I don't remember such an injury. My mind is not at ease either. I will get a 2nd opinion. An xray/MRI would convince me though.

Old 03-23-2004, 05:37 PM   #5

slyrdh HB User
Re: dent in the leg?///

I also have a "dent" in my outer thigh. Don't know what it is or where it came from. I have no pain but it's just driving me crazy wondering what it is or if it will get worse.

Old 03-24-2004, 12:40 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyrdh
I also have a "dent" in my outer thigh. Don't know what it is or where it came from. I have no pain but it's just driving me crazy wondering what it is or if it will get worse.
Maybe it's cellulite? That results in bumpy fatty areas, and it doesn't have to be symmetrical on both sides. It's quite possible to have it on one thigh and not the other.

Old 04-18-2005, 07:50 AM   #7
(male)

largosama HB User

I also have a dent in my leg (in my shin area, toe the right of the bone) that comes and goes. The only time I can predict when it shows up is immediately after I get out of the shower, but it occurs a few times over the course of the day. I'm currently seeing a few doctors to check to see if I have Peripheral Vascular Disease (I also have a severe pain in my leg when I exercise), but the doctor's seem to be not concerned with the dent and don't give me any answers or theories.

Last edited by largosama; 04-18-2005 at 07:52 AM.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:09 PM   #8
(female)

becca1987 HB User

Just a question, how did you come to post on the Leukimia board? I have a problem with my leg, although it's not a dent its a bulge...I am going to have an MRI today...did you do a search and came up with leukimia?

Old 04-19-2005, 06:17 AM   #9
(male)

ryu1977 HB User

Usually dent is not a malignant symptoms, however to make sure I suggest you to consult an oncologist or muscle expert. There is a type of a very very rare cancer, called sarcoma, the symptoms sometimes includes bump/lump in the arm or foot. I do hope that your symptoms only a benign symptoms.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:06 PM   #10
(male)

meme.trader HB User
Possible Explanation!

I recently discovered a similar dent in my left leg, a horizontal (when standing) one across the outer thigh. I was freaking out about it a bit and went searching on the internet for possible explanations. Someone mentioned discovering that their dent was exactly at a spot where they regularly leaned against a counter. I realized that I do lean a lot against the desks at work while talking to fellow employees, so I decided to go to the office to check to see if my mysterious dent fit the desks. IT WAS A PERFECT FIT! The angle was exactly right, the height was right, the part of my leg that would most often press against the desk was right. Well this other person said that the dent cleared up after consciously avoiding leaning on the counter, so I will see if mine does too! I am very glad that this is all it is!

Old 08-22-2006, 08:54 PM   #11
(female)

Neciee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenasq
Hi
I have what you could call a dent in my leg , there is a large indentation not sure what it is , any ideas?

This is so amazing, and it is why I love the internet. I googled the terms, "dent in leg", and this site appeared so I clicked it. So you know this means I am a new member.
About one month ago my right leg was in a lot of throbbing pain so I took some advil. The next morning when I woke up I have a medium sized dimpled/dent in the area where the pain was the previous night. No one can tell me what it is so I googled the pain tonight. You know nowadays that's all some doctor's do but it's not called googling. They go back to their office and enter your symptoms into their medical system.... Anyway, tonight the reason I became more concerned is because there is a soreness right above my right knee on the side of my thigh. It's been there since Sunday night. Since it is the same leg with the dent I am concerned that two are related.

Last edited by Neciee; 08-22-2006 at 08:55 PM.

Old 08-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #12

SJL14 HB User

HI! I noticed a dent in my right thigh about two weeks ago. Dr. isn't sure what it is. Things I have read on line vary between sedentary life to ALS. Had an MRI and x-ray this last Friday. Anxious to hear results. Amazing to see that other people have had the same symptoms--I thought it was so odd that I'd be the only one. Apparently not. Anyhow...that's all I know for now. What did you find out about yours?

Old 08-27-2006, 08:03 PM   #13
(female)

Mercyrp HB User

Hi, I hope it's nothing serious..... Let us know your results.... I though swelling was a sign of leukemia so I hope it's nothing bad.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:04 AM   #14
(female)

sharonw HB User

I've had a dent in my leg for about five months now. It's a couple of inches long and it lies right across the muscle. You can see it very easily and it is quite profond when you run your hand down it. It suddenly appeared and I couldn't figure out why. I workout regularly, but I have had no injury to my leg and since it doesn't hurt, I've been reluctant to see a doctor about it. Well, I literally just figured out what it was. As I was e-mailing my husband, I looked down and saw that I was leaning my leg against my computer desk drawer. The handle on the drawer fit exactly into the dent in my leg. I've been unwittingly making a dent in my leg by leaning it against my computer desk!!! Who would have ever though you could permanently dent your leg by just leaning it against something on a regular basis. I encourage anyone out there that also has a dent... look around the house and see if anything "fits" that dent! I'd suggest looking at your desk first!

Old 10-31-2006, 04:35 AM   #15
(female)

greeney HB User

Hi

I could'nt help but notice how much attention your "dent in the leg" has attracted! as I continued reading, I began to find it quite humourous, it's amazing the amount of people who have the same sort of "dent in the leg" as I read on "I also have a dent in the leg" and "I also have a dent in the leg". Please excuse me for making light of this issue, as I am a mother battling leukaemia with my young child, so I am suffering from brain drain and sometimes things don't register as they should! The leaning on the desk really hit the spot, and tend to agree with this senario, the funniest thing of all is that I actually also have a "dent in the leg" but I do know the cause of my "dent". I rolled my 4WD twenty years ago and it was where the steering wheel bashed into my leg, it is the perfect shape of the steering wheel and the muscle in that part of my leg has been flatened. It has never caused me any pain, so this is why I'm going with the desk theory!!!!!!!

P.S. Thanks for distracting me off the cancer issue for a while, it's like a breathe of fresh air.

greeney

Closed Thread