It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2005, 03:12 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

supermom3 HB User
Worried and Upset!

Hi - I just need to vent - my mom was diagnosed 8 years ago with CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia) she's been on and off chemo the past 7 years, and it's basically been kept in check - in the past month, though, she's been getting worse - her red cells have decreased so she's had 3 blood transfusions - her whites are way too high, and last Wednesday they did a bone marrow draw - her doctor thinks the CLL may have gone into a more acute type of cancer - I am so sad - she is very frustrated - her doctor is planning on doing a much harsher chemo that she's had - a type that will require hospitalizing her - she wants to keep fighting it -

Also, I was recently looking up internet info on CLL - it says that family members of CLL patients are 3 times likelier to develop it - I have a husband and 3 kids and am very upset about this fact - I guess it's something I can't control - a little over a year ago, I noticed a tiny lump under my skin on the side of my neck - had 2 different doctors check it out and had an ultrasound - they said it's just an enlarged lymph node and that some people have them for years and have no problem - I'm now wondering if this is a pre-cursor to cancer. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

mom of 3

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Worried about iron infusion, please answer! BriansMom444 Anemia 17 07-31-2011 12:43 PM
how much should i be worried about herpes? murphy2000 Sexually Transmitted Diseases 3 02-08-2009 07:21 AM
Extremely worried...Please read lizzy21 HIV Prevention 4 04-19-2007 08:10 PM
Please Help-worried pattywhack Hepatitis 1 09-25-2006 07:22 PM
girlfriend is gone to college now I'm worried.. J S Machine Relationship Health 7 09-01-2006 01:59 PM