It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
(male)

yilduz HB User
I'm worried

Okay... I'm worried about Krysta.

She was bleeding from her mouth today. Her spleen often hurts and swells up. Her spleen has been bothering her for a while and she got it looked at but she was supposed to go back for tests and her insurance went retarded and she never went.

I'm very worried about her and I want to know what kind of stuff happens if she has Leukemia. She is very worried that she has it and she is afraid to go to the doctor because she doesn't want to hear that she might die. Well, I really don't want to hear that either, but I think the earlier she goes, the better she'll be.

No matter what happens, she refuses to go to the hospital until she gets insurance. She is starting a job that will give her insurance, but that may not be for another month or so.

I'm not able to be in the city she is in right now but I'll be there as soon as I can be (hopefully less than a month. I seem to set a mental goal of three weeks). I want to be with her for everything... and I'm afraid she won't see the doctor until I get there and force her to go.

So I want to know things about this. What I can look for, what I can tell her to do, stuff like that.

Thanks.

Old 05-18-2006, 07:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User
Re: I'm worried

Spleen pain is wierd. I got it for the first time ever when I got mono this year. I've never had pain/swelling there before. Man, does that hurt. It is my understanding that any type of infection/virus can cause spleen pain. Your organs don't function normally when you are ill. Honestly, with the mono, I was starting to think that I had something more serious-I was very ill for a very long time. My liver enzymes were very high, my spleen was inflamed, I was running fevers for months...

Has she looked into a test for mono? i've had it twice and it is pretty awful. My doc said I had mono AFTER the expensive testing-cat-scan, tons of labwork, heart monitering-my heartrate was off too. Wish she would have done the cheapest tests first and worked her way up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread