It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 02:58 PM   #1
(male)

mtgrizzlymn HB User
my very best friend has high white blood cell count please help

8-24-07 my mother went in for some blood work she had done prviously for a recheck from june 23 concerning possible borderline diabetes, well the Dr. said she almost dropped her coffee when she read the results concerning the white blood cell count. i dont have any numbers yet for her shes at the cancer Dr as i type this. im her son and very nervous and scared for her. She does have a family history of leukimia her dad and grandmother both died form it. does this stuff come this quick june everthing was GREAT now 2 months later white bloodcells off the charts. She was taking a highblood pressure medicine that was making her throw up and aslo gout in her tow that was very painfulll when this test was taked would that contribute to the cell count at all? Thankyou for any info and please send my mom a prayer if you have time her name is Trudy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
(male)

mtgrizzlymn HB User
Re: my very best friend has high white blood cell count please help

Well everyone the prayers must have worked my mom went to the cancer Dr yesterday and they retested her blood because the results from last week got lost somehow and her bloodcount is perfectly normal the cancer Dr told her your not sick at all perfect blood counts all the way around and her personal Dr called this morning and appologized profusely for the error said it must have been in the labsd. Any way im HHHHAAAPPPYYY

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2007, 07:31 PM   #3
(female)

vicki546 HB User
Re: my very best friend has high white blood cell count please help

First off, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom... I know how scared you must be for her, for my dad is almost in the same shoes as your mom..

I can't tell you a whole lot, but from what I know, none of those meds are responsible for her getting leukemia, or it coming on that fast... No one is sure why, or how Leukemia is contracted, but it does seem weird I"ll admit that it comes on that fast... My dad has blood work done back in June also, and everything came out fine... Two months later, wow.... His count was up to 132,000.. And, that's extremely high...

My heart goes out to you, and your mom... I hope you get the info you need, and please stay strong for your mom... ( or at least try to)

Take care

Closed Thread