It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
(female)

noUturn HB User
Unhappy Dots On Skin

I have been searching the internet (which can be hazard), to find out what my symptom I am having could be a sign of? Everything I read, brings me to "Leukemia".

I have red dots and now brown dots on my skin. It isn't in a rash form, just random dots. The red dots have been there for over a year with a few brown dots. Now, it seems like over time....I'm noticing more and more.

My doctor told me they are called cherry angiomas and are from aging. I am 39 years old. Recently since there are more, especially the brown dots.....I am now scheduled for lots of bloodwork to hopefully rule out things.

I am so scared though. What exactly is Leukemia? Does anyone ever recover from this illness?

I don't know why I'm focusing only on this because according to what I've read, it could be a zillion things!

Old 11-28-2007, 06:44 AM   #2
(female)

cheergirl95 HB User
Re: Dots On Skin

Hello,
I have those dots on my skin too! and i have the same signs of luekemia. But the doctors dont know what it is! They havent testes for cancer cause they think that it isnt! But doctors sometimes DONT KNOW EVERYTHING! The dots on my skin WONT go away! Sometimes I get brown dots but the doctors just say oh its nothing....well its something! I hope you feel better!

emilyy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2007, 03:49 PM   #3
(female)

noUturn HB User

Thank you so much for your reply!

Have you had any blood work done? I am scheduled for a complete work-up tomorrow morning.

My doctor didn't suggest it was Leukemia, but obviously it is something. She said it could be so many things -- let's wait for the results. I guess doctors probably always say that.......

She wants to ease my mind because I'm so concerned about it. Of course I am is what I say!

Old 12-10-2007, 11:58 PM   #4
(female)

cllacy HB User

Well .. I did have little red dots, but the were in my mouth & on my tongue. Went to the hospital & they did diagnose me with leukemia .. but I was having a lot of syptoms. Not saying that you might have it, but you're doing the right thing, checking up on it & getting blood work done. But yes, people do recover from leukemia, they are constatly doing researches on more medicines to help, so yeah. I hope all goes well.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #5
(female)

chriscann HB User

Spots on the skin can also be mastocytosis. I have red and brown stops over most of my body now. I had been tested for Leukemia about a ziollion times, blood work was always normal, until they did a Tryptase level test and it came back elevated, which meant my Mast cells were producing histamine. Do your spots raise when scratched, or ever itch??

Closed Thread