It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
(female)

libramama HB User
4 year old with what seems like Leukemia symtoms..

My poor kid was tired and pale and complains of headaches and belly aches. I took her to the doc and they did a CBC and found she is anemic. Her WBC count wasn't too bad so they didn't really suspect cancer. Well today while helping her put her pj's on I notice petechiae under both armpits. Not a lot but probably a dozen or so under each armpit. (I have seen it before when my son was very sick coughing and puking, he got it on his cheeks) ANYWAY should I be concerned? They gave my iron supplements for her and sent me on my way. I just have this gut feeling like something else is wrong here? Of course all my research says maybe Leukemia but that REALLY scares me and I don't want her to have painful tests if Im just overreacting..
THANKS!

Old 12-18-2007, 11:57 PM   #2
(female)

cllacy HB User
Re: 4 year old with what seems like Leukemia symtoms..

Well .. some of my symptoms were headaches & the red dots. Is she always tired, or doesn't like to eat much? I think you should just go see another doctor .. can't be too sure. Hope I helped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
(female)

btsmommy HB User
Re: 4 year old with what seems like Leukemia symtoms..

Don't feel like that, we know when something isn't rite, my son didn't have any symptoms I took him in because for two weeks he had dark circles under his eyes and took naps when he got out from school(he's 6 naps went out the window) my pedatrician is so great rite away he did blood work because everything else was physically fine, the blood work showed he was missing 2/3 his red blood cells and near heart failure, now please don't think I'm trying to scare you I'm only telling you this because some of my friends and girls i work with were saying he's probably just coming down with something, i think they thought i was making something out of nothing, anyway my son was diagnosed with ALL in March he's almost 9 months into treatment and doing great, its you right to get a second opinion! Good luck

Closed Thread