It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
(male)

dezoeller HB User
AML and bone / muscle pain in remission.

I was diagnosed with AML in Jan 2007. Although my 1st chemo induction failed, the 2nd one worked. According to my labs , I am in remission and back to work. But I have frequent episodes of bone and muscle pains. Not always in the same areas. Usually I can relieve it after taking Percocet. But the point is that my MD says it's not related to the chemo nor the AML. Has anyone had this expereience?
Thanks,
DHZ

Old 10-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
(female)

girl1955 HB User
Re: AML and bone / muscle pain in remission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezoeller View Post
I was diagnosed with AML in Jan 2007. Although my 1st chemo induction failed, the 2nd one worked. According to my labs , I am in remission and back to work. But I have frequent episodes of bone and muscle pains. Not always in the same areas. Usually I can relieve it after taking Percocet. But the point is that my MD says it's not related to the chemo nor the AML. Has anyone had this expereience?
Thanks,
DHZ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
(female)

girl1955 HB User

bone pain is very common and quite painful. My own experience was before my first dx i had a very bad tooth/jaw ache and was just eating my way though Tylenol. Unbeknownst to me that was the beginning of my AML. Later on, as an inpt,I received neupogen shots in my shoulder to boost my bone marrow/blood counts. It was the worst pain I've ever endured.
Leukemia is a blood cancer and your marrow is composed of three blood lines. The marrow is the middle of each bone so bone pain is part of the disease.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
(female)

girl1955 HB User

Bone pain is very common and quite painful. My own experience was before my first dx I had a very bad tooth/jaw ache and was just eating my way though Tylenol. Unbeknownst to me that was the beginning of my acute onset AML. Later on, as an inpt,I received neupogen shots in my shoulder to boost my bone marrow/blood counts. It was the worst pain I've ever endured.
Leukemia is a blood cancer and your marrow is composed of three blood lines. The marrow is the middle of each bone so bone pain is part of the disease.

Closed Thread